The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I can understand it gets exhausted.

It also wasn't a bad joke, bloke!
Actually, it's cantilever has broken.
It was more than 28 years old.
I remember when I purchased.
Before it I had a red Ortofon MC10.
My son, at that time was about two years old, he played record mat with it, so I must have replaced that red one to a blue one.

Now, I have a Dual DMS-242E with new stylus, but I would like to something better.

Always found them to be a bit too 'thin and screachy' in the treble. They can be improved a lot by strengthening some of the structure with epoxy resin glue....a bit delicate but worth the effort. [I also had the MC10, the 'Anniversary' model with ceramic body...It was good, but I used it little as I also had ( & still have) a Kondo Audio Note which back then had been re-tipped by the late Kondo. It was so much better that the MC10 had little use....and then it had the cantilever broken. I let the UK version Audio Note have it for repair and never saw it again!!!]

I will look for the details on the epoxy work and post them. It works well for most MC cartridges.

Last edited:
Gyuri,

See the following:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/117395-has-anyone-taken-body-off-denon-dl103.html

Especially post No. 44....the green lines show where to apply the epoxy. Make sure to use a 'hard' variety.

Thanks again, it seems to be a littlebit painful for me.
Imagine that, I can survive more than 30 years together with my wife, then I accidentally kill my precious MC cartridge, it is an apoplexy for sure.
I do not want to ended up so misery.