The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Told ya not to get in to the buss tours whit special discounts on thursdays

Well Vino is from 11.5 to about 13 (13and more is same prety decent stuff unles is one you buy from super that is just crap whit same more chemical crap)
Grappa normaly go up to 50 proof and one start drinking at 13 especialy if Grand Uncle own vine yard
I have been there done that

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Feeling better now?

I hardly feel anything. These days. Nico. Got headhunted again. A nother international firm needs a goody IT boss. I'm so tired, I cancelled it. They booked me up again. I said its to small, im not interested, they doubled wages, made me come again next week. This world is outrageos.

I feel good. Just picked up 3200 ferrite cores that i traded up. They seem perfect for some c-L-c filters fitting in Pass stuff. Anyone up for testing? I can wind them up for any thread-amp thickness and henry within margins (pretty small, havent tested yet). Just holler. I have 200 kg of 35 V 6800 caps too fitting. Mybe we could make a generic filter?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Crabs:

Attachments

• zappa1.JPG
    zappa1.JPG
    847.3 KB · Views: 83
  • zappa2.JPG
    zappa2.JPG
    627 KB · Views: 84
  • zappa3.JPG
    zappa3.JPG
    664.2 KB · Views: 80
Yea. Just listening to a new riaa. Can anyone recommend a good track with bongos or snares? I want to listen to the snap-sounds. Wanna see the cores zm?

Easy peasy
the chieftains & friends - give the fiddler a dram - YouTube
Bonaparte retreat is my fovorite album but those dudes have played whit evveri body from a to Z and Z stand for Zappa

Look for original shenakie (any one whit spare spell thing button please) records as big re issues lose same of the magic

But if you realy like to listen to new RIAA hardest test is T before notes on wind instruments
And Grand Wazoo is certanly one album to droll for.

Doug Bennet - who was a recording Eng at Olympic Studios - told a wonderful story about the Chieftains.

The harp player tapped his foot to the music, and the AKG 24 ambiance mic picked it up to an annoying degree. Doug went to a cushion shop and bought a cushion telling the guy to tap his foot on that. Two taps and he changed foot....this went on for an hour or two!:)

Bloody minded Irish!:D