Preamp ideas for F5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys!
I just finished my preamp build using the schematic from post #232 and listened to the result.
It sounds very nice with my F5, better than the B1 I built earlier.

Thanks for the help Juma!

Greg.
Simple and effective topology. Please browse through the thread "A headphone transconductance amp for change". The schematic in Headphone 007. pdf is a simple preamp/attenuator. Food for thought!

I'm thinking scaling down the Amp Camp Amp would make a nice pre :cool:
You may first consider using the Amp Camp Amp [as a preamp] as designed; afterall it is already optimized by Mr. Pass. It has an impressively low 100 uV output noise; which is due to the switching power supply. Add an input 25 K volume control like B1 and hear what happens! Can only be awesome.

I thought the Amp#1 was for beginners. Couldn't possibly compete with the other preamps already discussed in this thread, or I've missed something.
Your analysis may well be correct in the end. Still, your [bolded] statement is nonetheless a hypothesis. Prove it either way by doing the experiment. Maybe you [or others] have already built other low power Pass amplifiers of topology [opposed drains of output stage] like ACA [Zen, Aleph etc.]. Your hypothesis can then be easily/readily tested, and/or this experiment was already done.

There was an earlier request for a headphone ACA. I have a simple and painless method to do so for any amp devoid of a headphone port. Please visit the last 4 threads in Headphone Systems entitled "Does anyone make their own headphones". Best

Yeah, the ACA#1 looks suitable for headphone amp. Actually, it seems also suitable for power amplifiers (strictly with high impedance speakers), but may be not. I'm curious myself with this topology. I cannot find anything wrong except visually, i.e. use of N-N that forces feedback resistor to connect input to output.

I'm building the ACA#1 with IRFP460 (which gives better simulated performance than IRFP240), starting today and hope to be completed tomorrow (today I have finished the chassis, PCB, simulation and parts gathering). Unfortunately this is for a friend so I will not be able to review its performance (It needs time to review the performance as I guess there will be some kind of "boring effect", even tho the current drive is good).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.