Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
Shame they don't ship to Cheesica, Siliconix J500 current regulator diodes for $0.19 :bawling:

ya don't have any freund in US of A ?

btw - ya didn't answer on my MA24 related mail ..... what's amount of lilimiliFarads in main PS ?

Manu is going to open new drek thread ....... this time HK goodies related .......

:clown:

inagaddadavida .... baby .........

jacco vermeulen said:
Nice cheap 6.8uF RIFA coupling caps for pumpy assemblers in the US, HERE
Sez polycarbonate (aka mkc) but PHE426 is Polypropylene, lots of other nice goodies there, e.g. PTFE trim caps for peanuts colada ECCO/AQUI
Shame they don't ship to Cheesica, Siliconix J500 current regulator diodes for $0.19 :bawling:

just let me know how many you need (edit: let's be honest... want :) and your address and I'll send them. A pittance for how good those styroflex caps are sounding in my not-quite-enough-gain-Pearl :) also, if you need anything from Digikey, might as well let me know and I can send those parts as well.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
luvdunhill said:

just let me know how many you need (edit: let's be honest... want :) and your address and I'll send them. A pittance for how good those styroflex caps are sounding in my not-quite-enough-gain-Pearl :) also, if you need anything from Digikey, might as well let me know and I can send those parts as well.

don't send anything to that dutchie pooftah ......

:rofl:

luvdunhill said:

Hah, how dare people say i only deal out junk.
Phono module piccy of the MK-V Spermester 808 (fully loaded one does $/€ 50k nowaydays)=>

Attachments

• 808mkv.jpg
    808mkv.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 787
Joined 2006
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
Nice cheap 6.8uF RIFA coupling caps for pumpy assemblers in the US, HERE
Sez polycarbonate (aka mkc) but PHE426 is Polypropylene, lots of other nice goodies there, e.g. PTFE trim caps for peanuts colada ECCO/AQUI

Jacco - thanks for looking.

The RIFA's price is right, the width looks to be too wide - assuming they measured it right. .8" looks like 20mm, I think 17.5mm is max without without bending back using long leads on the electrolytics hanging out back.

At least on paper I think the Wima MKP4 4.7uf's will fit in nice outline.

:Pumpkin: and shunty has been puzzle in finding parts that will fit on the beast with it's multitude of resistors, caps, more caps heatsinks from europe only, more caps, more resistors, and 10,000 solder pads. Makes me want to build tube amps again with bungee cord P2P wiring and big UX4 sockets, and big fat resistors, but iron I can no longer afford.
I brought this upon myself. :h_ache:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mithomas said:

Jacco - thanks for looking.

The RIFA's price is right, the width looks to be too wide - assuming they measured it right. .8" looks like 20mm, I think 17.5mm is max without without bending back using long leads on the electrolytics hanging out back.

At least on paper I think the Wima MKP4 4.7uf's will fit in nice outline.

:Pumpkin: and shunty has been puzzle in finding parts that will fit on the beast with it's multitude of resistors, caps, more caps heatsinks from europe only, more caps, more resistors, and 10,000 solder pads. Makes me want to build tube amps again with bungee cord P2P wiring and big UX4 sockets, and big fat resistors, but iron I can no longer afford.
I brought this upon myself. :h_ache:

in that case ....... take this - SUSY F3 .......... simplified ....... and without Iron

( off course - ordered by Steen ...... who else :rofl: )

you can make it even with single supply with 30Vdc , if you put caps on gate and reroute LU gate resistors to top of tail CCS

Attachments

• lu-susy-amp-for-steen.jpg
    lu-susy-amp-for-steen.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,179
Joined 2006
Paid Member
SUSY f3

I am still listening...
Got the LU's. Dont undestand much about what the PS would look like, assuming your considering using just v+ with mods for 30vdc.

H have 22v and 18v trannies available. Of course the -10v has me even more confused. Of course it's late over there. And I need to get a clue.:xeye:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: SUSY f3

mithomas said:
I am still listening...
Got the LU's. Dont undestand much about what the PS would look like, assuming your considering using just v+ with mods for 30vdc.

H have 22v and 18v trannies available. Of course the -10v has me even more confused. Of course it's late over there. And I need to get a clue.:xeye:

I'll make another schm for single supply - tomorrow ...... now I really must go to slllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppzzzzzzz

;)

Zen Mod said:

in that case ....... take this - SUSY F3 .......... simplified ....... and without Iron

( off course - ordered by Steen ...... who else :rofl: )

you can make it even with single supply with 30Vdc , if you put caps on gate and reroute LU gate resistors to top of tail CCS

:D :D
Thank you, ZM, Sir:cool:
Suddenly I found myself with these two cases vacant for something special and that susy thing is just what i was looking for:cool: Just gotta find trafos with correct secondary voltages.
:)

Attachments

• ax_top_front_sm.jpg
    ax_top_front_sm.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,066
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

:D :D
Thank you, ZM, Sir:cool:
Suddenly I found myself with these two cases vacant for something special and that susy thing is just what i was looking for:cool: Just gotta find trafos with correct secondary voltages.

I presume that we'll have few things to solve on the fly ..... :clown: something as output offset , but that's easily solvable with correcting source resistors in one of upper CCS-es ;

anyway - count on that , and leave enough place in these ugly and small cases for final adjustment ;
:rofl:

and , yes - open new thread for that , do not pollute this perfectly organized thread ...... with your sissy amps ........

(btw - I think that - if you stay under 100W/ch. with dissipation , yu can squeeze both channels in one case ........ at least looking at heatsinks ...... not really counting on space in between

Attachments

• 3d smile 34.gif
    3d smile 34.gif
    60.2 KB · Views: 971
Re: SUSY f3

mithomas said:
I am still listening...
Got the LU's. Dont undestand much about what the PS would look like,

The bigger the better. A big honkin' CLC supply would be my first bet. Second choice is a cap multiplier ala ZenV9. The advantage of the latter is that the multiplier could be set up to regulate the neg. rail to 10V by use of a Zener ;) Pretty convenient and probably the easiest way to go, avoiding to use 2 trafos.

He-he pollution is my middle name:devilr: