Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Manu said:
DAGNALL laminated transformers

Me just noticed you have the 100VA/50Vac model, (suppose you obtained one from Farny)
Me experience with glued core transformers is okidoki, Dagnall is a trannie co. from the jolly good show UK days.
Good value for meunie, + nice and small.

It was not mistake but to have the exactly the same amount of dreky curent going to shunts in order to have the same temperature on all heatshrinks

This marble doesn't roll down well in my empty skull, care to BS ?

(me thinks he needs a showcase display to complement his travelling salesman suit for the ZZ-Mop world tour)
Mmm, a Pass Dee-Idiot-Thang sticker would be more suitable

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:

This marble doesn't roll down well in my empty skull, care to BS ?

almost internal joke - sp300B made a mistake - putin' matched IRFs in Shunty .......... ya know - workin' all day long, soldering when kids (and wifie ) are sleeping .......

jacco vermeulen said:

(me thinks he needs a showcase display to complement his travelling salesman suit for the ZZ-Mop world tour)

:mad: :smash: :mad: :bawling:

jacco vermeulen said:

Mmm, a Pass Dee-Idiot-Thang sticker would be more suitable

:rofl: :rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
C'mon guy, does us a favor once and post a piccy of you in a Biznezz suit, just for laughs. :clown:

(you can wear pink slippers for what i care, as long as the strangler tie loop is around your neck and Chokin ya.)

all ya can see is me - in bath pantiiieees , made of pinkie "loooonghairedcarpetlike" material ........

lykkedk said:
... Final :Pumpkin: v1.0 (opensource)

Jesper.

Very nice work.
Is it plexi, on the top?
(or did you just apply Jacco's blur kunst :D ?)
MANU

Originally posted by jacco vermeulen

Me just noticed you have the 100VA/50Vac model, (suppose you obtained one from Farny)
Me experience with glued core transformers is okidoki, Dagnall is a trannie co. from the jolly good show UK days.
Good value for meunie, + nice and small.

Thx - that helps curing my Angst I could have the wrong part...

Manu

jacco vermeulen said:

Just hit me where the problem is, it's not the camera.

It is not the camera just user....
:)

What I was describing is to use macro setting on the lens or camera - do not know what you have used. That will allow you to come close to the subject and to be focused. Than manually focus to somewhere between board and the top of the cap. That will allow you to do the full frame of what you are shooting. After that size to what you need (not crop - size) and post.

jacco vermeulen said:

Planned any shielding for that transformer, Manu-sausalito ?

(ps : these threads can do with a clearer definition of transformer Buzz)

:)

It depends... Have to test if it will fit noise-wise in same chassis or not.

About shielding :
The only noise problem I had with my Aleph 5 was induced hum from trafo (toroids from schuro) and mecanical buzz (imagine there is a razor inside the amp).
First was cure with playing with orientation and placing a (1,5 mm) metal plate between trafos and circuit (in fact rest of amp) a plate of something I would say it is iron.
A friend of mine, working in an Art gallery was using it to shield TV monitors during an exhibition. After demontage, he gave me the plates. They looks pretty like iron but this friend pretends they were expensive and special for shieding purpose (anyway uMetal don't looks like that).
And it really works.

Second (buzz) was cured with buying new trafos.

(At this place I would like to ask if somebody knows a method to test the polarity of unmarked toroid secondaries).

(C'est vrai, ils sont bien les Dagnall?)
Manu

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Manu said:

(At this place I would like to ask if somebody knows a method to test the polarity of unmarked toroid secondaries).

(C'est vrai, ils sont bien les Dagnall?)
Manu

two independent secs , and you need them as one - center tapped ?

in that case - connect (temporary ) two ends of these two secs ;

measure voltage between (now) free ends of secondaries ;
if you have ~ 0V , they are in contra phase ;
( so - just use other end of one sec for connecting in center tap)

if you have full voltage , they are in correct phase

Zen Mod said:

two independent secs , and you need them as one - center tapped ?

in that case - connect (temporary ) two ends of these two secs ;

measure voltage between (now) free ends of secondaries ;
if you have ~ 0V , they are in contra phase ;
( so - just use other end of one sec for connecting in center tap)

if you have full voltage , they are in correct phase

Hey, that's a great piece of information!:D