F5 power amplifier

But no feedback across the output; in that sense this 'inverted daulington' looks very similar to the BA3 frontend/BA2 output, here linked in DC - and having a darlingnot at the output.

I commented on that idea in the BA-3 thread when is came out regarding coupling directly to the BA-2 Output, but didn't get a large response.

From Post #252
I was looking at the BA-3 idea and I realized that an alternate connection may be possible?
What if you remove R125 & 126, P102 and C101. Insert the drain connection of Q3 and Q4 in their place.
Would this work? I see where the TL part would then be dealing with 45mA and that would probably not be good. maybe we could lower the values of R127 and 128 to correct for that?
We would possibly be benifitting from the removal of C101 and maybe a reduction in power supply noise getting into the signal?
Any comments?
:D
:Pawprint:

I am looking for 2 or more CViller F5 v1.1 boards. The mosfet spacing of 80mm on those boards is perfect for my heatsinks,. The Cviller F5 v2.0 mosfet spacing is too large at 120mm.

I *think* the F5c boards have 8cm inner mosfet spacing - the tentativeness is that I only have access to the 2009-12-20 rev of the board, which *is* 8cm for the inners. The diyAudio shop only sells a later version (2011-02-09).

Comparison of the two versions of F5 board that I have :-

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

HTH

cheers
Nick

I *think* the F5c boards have 8cm inner mosfet spacing - the tentativeness is that I only have access to the 2009-12-20 rev of the board, which *is* 8cm for the inners. The diyAudio shop only sells a later version (2011-02-09).

Comparison of the two versions of F5 board that I have :-

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

HTH

cheers
Nick

Interesting. The bottom board you show (F5C v2.0) has MOSFET spacings different from what the DIYAudio Shop shows for P-F5C-2V20 2011-02-09. Yours is clearly the old version of the board.

That board with the 8cm inner MOSFET spacing would work for me. I am looking for either 2 or 4 boards. Are you willing to sell any?

Interesting. The bottom board you show (F5C v2.0) has MOSFET spacings different from what the DIYAudio Shop shows for P-F5C-2V20 2011-02-09. Yours is clearly the old version of the board.

That board with the 8cm inner MOSFET spacing would work for me. I am looking for either 2 or 4 boards. Are you willing to sell any?

I going to be stuffing up a dual-output version, so unfortunately not - these two are the only ones I have of this shape and I don't want to play with cascoding just yet.

I rummaged in my box-o-bits and I do have a pair of unused pdaniels boards as well, which look like they'd do 8cm spacing, and I know I won't get round to using them - they're the little ones below

And I see Tea-bag has some of the cviller boards (and he's on the same continent too :p)

If the pdaniels boards are any use, pls drop me a PM

cheers
Nick

I have two of the 2009-12-20 boards by Cviller from the shop that I am willing to let go of or trade. It has some of signal resistors already on it CMF-55s.
I have 2 Cviller F5 v2.0 2010-10-23 boards I could trade.
I also have 2 Cviller F5c V2.0 2011-02-09 boards I could trade.
There probably isn't much else in my parts pile that you might want, since most of it dates back to the 1960's.

I going to be stuffing up a dual-output version, so unfortunately not - these two are the only ones I have of this shape and I don't want to play with cascoding just yet.

I rummaged in my box-o-bits and I do have a pair of unused pdaniels boards as well, which look like they'd do 8cm spacing, and I know I won't get round to using them - they're the little ones below

And I see Tea-bag has some of the cviller boards (and he's on the same continent too :p)

If the pdaniels boards are any use, pls drop me a PM

cheers
Nick
Thanks for the offer, but the Pdaniels boards won't work for the way I intend to mount them as shown in this post:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/206756-f5-turbo-circuit-boards-83.html#post2928566