F5 power amplifier

Hello everyone, some time ago I finished the Pearl 2, B1 and F5 chain, I like it a lot. I also implanted Mundorf audiophile condensers in B1. It was worth it! don't believe anyone who says something different.
But I want the helicopter in "The Wall" by Pink Floyd to land IN my room and not outside.
When I think of driving my JBL Ti6K via bi-amping. Before I start getting material, the community would like to ask if F5 and F5Tv2 can play correctly in phases?
I wanted to build the F5 Turbo anyway, it would be the right opportunity.

F5 turbo has more gain due to less feedback. You would need some way to adjust levels between f5 and f5t.

Also, having built both, I feel that f5T sounds different from the regular f5. Less lively. Smoother and not as exciting. Could be better or could be worse depending on your listening preferences and other equipment.

F5 with buffers (like b1) is in my opinion unexciting and boring. Too smooth, no impact, you begin to listen to the system instead of the music. I have tried b1 and b1 rev2. Both of which didn’t have enough gain but both were extremely detailed and precise.. B1 rev2 was particularly too much of this for me with the f5.

Thank you for quick answers!
actually it was not clear to me whether the playback of F5 and F5Turbe would remain in phase, because in the turbo version there is an additional transistor in the chain and that cannot cause this.
Yes, it is also about reinforcement that I only want to run the upper and middle wing with F5. Turbo for the low frequencies. If the turbo had twice the power, it seemed like 1.3 mall louder, I think I can live with that. the most important phase accuracy.
When the input signal gets too small, I thought something crazy: After the B1 still Burning Amplifier Gain Stage Board
(Burning Amplifier Gain Stage for BA-1 & BA-2 – diyAudio Store)
in front of power amplifiers.

If the regular f5 is loud enough for you, especially with only the b1 as buffer I would not recommend the f5T. It is possible to build an f5T with dual pair of mosfets, regular f5 24v rails and regular f5 feedback. Extra pair of mosfets allows you to bias higher which always sounds better. Bias is the key here, the more bias you can get the better it will sound.

There is no point in putting a b1 in front of a burning amp gain stage. The gain stage already is buffering the output and has a high input impedance. Just put volume pot in front of gain stage.

Honestly, you need to try the Korg B1. It’s cheap and easy and sounds better than 4 or 5 of the diy preamps I have tried. It is a perfect partner for the F5. Lots of gain and increases the 3D nature of the f5. If you think your B1/f5 combo images well now you would be shocked by the korg B1.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
What is this?

Appropriate any help in clarifying the purpose of what the red arrow is pointing to. And any direction on more info on it.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2020-08-07_15-21-59.jpg
    2020-08-07_15-21-59.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 389
The F5 still has considerable life left in it. I have a version which we will make
available after the DIY VFET amplifiers are put to bed.

:snail:

Any tips based on your plans you would give for Toshiba output mosfets.

Thinking of using 50mOhms source resistance or none at all on output.

With the biasing circuit using thermistors should any changes be made?

I am not using the current limiting circuitry.

Jfets have idss of 7mA