Aleph J Schematic

Look on the fourm about ACS explanation. Altering R27 changes the the acs gain/modulation and with it, contribution of upper fet to output. Nelson decided on his values for a reason and I would imagine it is better overall performance. I have read that performance at 1w can be improved slightly, but at the expense of performance at higher power levels.

Here is basic schematic. If you want to have just SE amp with CS, you dont need R24, r27, r20-23, and c3. These are the componenents that turn it into a modulated current source, where the signal affects the response of the current source and its contribution to the output.

Attachments

• AlephJschematic.gif
    AlephJschematic.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 282
Look at Zen V2 article on Firstwatt site. The second part of the article he sets up a SE amp with a CCS load. He follows that article up with ZV4, where he introduces the ACS. THe AJ just adds a LTP too the front end and creates nice feedback point as well as ability to drive with balanced signal.

tomorrow I want to drill some venting holes in the top and bottom pannels but I have a little problem...as always :))
does the size of the holes matter? I thought at 2 options
- single row of holes with relative big hole diameter(10mm will suffice ?)
- 2-3 rows of holes with 3-4mm hole diameter
in which of the cases the convection would act at maximum?
the first row of holes will be at 20mm distance from the heatsink