Aleph J Schematic

I actually have the Aleph powered via CRC filter and was thinking to use the last capacitor for both PSUs filtering and low ESR because i had read somewhere don`t remeber where that SE amp`s need low resistance and choose between each PS with a switch .I was thinking too at the same active PS actually a mosfet follower but as active devece i have IXFN280N085.The regulator will be outsdie.. and the the batteries too everything via connectors :)
My question is what do I hve to modify to the original schematic of the mosfet follower for getting out +/- 22V from +/-30-42V ?

Last edited:
Guys any pointers why my AJ volume would be low.
With the F5 never went past 60% (1.3A).

With AJ on low gain recordings pumped up 100% but still needs more.

I am putting >1A (>500mv on .47 resistors) with 35mv offset.

The -ve,spk gnd ,RCA gnd are taken from the PCB. PCB and PSU gnds are connected by thick wire

Kroyin,

I take it you are not running balanced input?? I would triple check my resistors in
my input and make sure I did not have a 221k where a 22.1k should be. Other than that ZM would probably be your best ally.

regards, Elwood

ZM is my best ally is true :). Yes SE.
The resistors are fine, these would be the ones that set the gain,I checked them first.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
willing to do some simple measurements with DMM ?

absolute precision isn't important , just relative

if you don't have sig gene , download this : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20665608/SigJenny.zip and use output of PC sound card as gene

set to 400Hz

put DMM in Vac mode at amp input , set PC volume at 100mV , then reconnect DMM to output

write down result