Solid Core or Multistrand?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Sy,
Thanks for taking a look for me, I was very curious as to what the issue was. I have almost always used silver bearing solder and I haven't seen that problem, so I wonder if that might be the difference. Bob Pease is such a pragmatist I bet that he used generic solder as most would.. (BP is one of my "heroes" incidentally - a truly brilliant generalist.)

The other thing is that I usually allow some small amount of slack in the wires to things like sockets to allow them to flex when you insert or remove a tube - I was/am an inveterate tube roller. And I've never really had a problem. Nick a bunch of strands and all bets are off though...

I have made the same observation as you in regards to stripping by nicking the jacket in a couple of places - never got a clean separation just as you mention.

Have a happy holiday!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.