My Transistors, original or copy?

To my eye alone they look like the ones I have had for a long time.

I have not popped the cover, although I have a few that burned through that I kept to show people. Suppose I could peek at the die, albeit burnt and compare if Chris Goldring is still around.

I never ever blew one from handling, etc. reasonably robust in that regard. Blasting them with a HV static discharge from ur carpet, another matter, never have that problem here.

_-_-

what is the equivalent of each of the transistors attached?

Attachments

• transistors.jpg
    transistors.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 413
Bought some depletion mode mosfets DN2540 from seller janeh2100 on ebay and they were fakes. Just be careful.

Thanks for the info, and sorry about your deal. You may want to check out the Infineon BSP129 Depletion-mode MOSFETs as an SMD alternative - there are more sources, and it's less likely to be fake (at least, from US and European sellers).

Last edited:
Bought some depletion mode mosfets DN2540 from seller janeh2100 on ebay and they were fakes. Just be careful.

Sorry about that!!! He's a fakes seller, I had similar delusion from him with 2SK389V (it was a dual NPN undercover). I think I mentioned that before.
Report to eBay if you are still below 45days from the purchase and force the scum to repay you everything. Add a video with the testing of the transistor in progress uploaded to youtube. For me it worked fine.

Cheers!

EDIT: I also mentioned that the postage back is prohibitive, and would lead these fakes on the market again, anyway!

Last edited:
Sorry about that!!! He's a fakes seller, I had similar delusion from him with 2SK389V (it was a dual NPN undercover). I think I mentioned that before.
Report to eBay if you are still below 45days from the purchase and force the scum to repay you everything. Add a video with the testing of the transistor in progress uploaded to youtube. For me it worked fine.

Cheers!

EDIT: I also mentioned that the postage back is prohibitive, and would lead these fakes on the market again, anyway!

I bought the parts some time and did not check them when I received them. This will never happen again!
Just wanted to warn people here.

Here is a picture. Now that I looked at it closely , it does look like a fake as the printing is skewed and it is screen printed .
I have a 2SA970 where it is written with a laser and has a normal Hfe reading.

Yup, that looks fake. Real NOS Toshiba 2sa970/2sc2240 is still available locally, however - it tends to have more slender text in a silvery colour (also screen-printed sideways).

Laser-engraved 2sa970 are usually from another manufacturer like KEC, CDIL, BEL, Unisonic, etc. They're not necessarily bad, just not the same as the original Toshiba, which has impressive noise specs and beta linearity.

You may also want to look at the NEC 2sa992/c1845 pair, which is not (yet) counterfeited as heavily.

Edit: PM me if you'd like to buy some authentic 2sc1845F (I may have a few of the overlapping but higher beta c1845E with DC beta around 500-600 as well, but no c1845D). Even the lowest-beta 1845F has DC beta around 380.

Last edited:
fake MJ15023 and 22's are all over . I bought these from ondaradio.es , barcelona, stay away from them, it's all junk
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Original ONSemi and Motorola MJ15023. Motorola was blown in Yorkville amplifier. Other one is from local supplier bought for testing/opening. 7.60€/pc and I need 32 of them:D.