4558S inline op amp needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Joe,
Japanese parts vendors sell them too. Your friend should have no trouble getting that part. djk's suggestion is good in a pinch.

Sometimes they route power throught the chip (B+), you may have to jumper if this is the case.

-Chris

Joined 2002
Paid Member
the easy way

Quad -> in-line

Arne K

Attachments

• quad-op-amp.jpg
    quad-op-amp.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 263
Hi Chris,

I realize that djk's suggestion is good in a pinch. I was just trying to find a plug and play part for the guy that was looking for an exact replacement. I cannot seem to find a NTE replacement or anything else listed. Yes, you could use either a quad or a dual with some jumpers and provisions made for the extra sections.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
tough crowd

Kiss my op-amp Joe, I am blind, but not as old as SY.

And where you tie off the positive inputs might depend on the chip. There are some op-amps that actually power-down sections depending on V common mode at the inputs. There are even amps where the output will toggle (reverse) if you mess the inputs 'round enough.

:D

http://www.mcminone.com/search.asp?...AMP&searchin=off&btnSubmit.x=10&btnSubmit.y=8

Sort By:SKUManufacturerManufacturer PartAvailabilityPrice-High to LowPrice-Low to High Found: 4

SKU Description Availability Price Select

UPC4570HA NEC IC 9-PIN SIP DUAL OP AMP BIPOLAR
NEC IC 9-PIN SIP DUAL OP AMP BIPOLAR I.C(MONO-ANA)
Mfr. Name: MCM An InOne Company

In Stock
(72 available) 1+ $0.98
10+ $0.89
25+ $0.77

NJM4556S JRC IC 9-PIN SIP OP-AMP DUAL BIPOLAR *SS
JRC IC 9-PIN SIP OP-AMP DUAL BIPOLAR *SS IC, Number of Pins: 8, Package: SIP

In Stock
(4 available) 1+ $2.86
10+ $2.80
25+ $2.62

NJM4559S DISCD JRC IC 9-PIN SIP DUAL OP AMP BIPOLAR *SS
DISCD JRC IC 9-PIN SIP DUAL OP AMP BIPOLAR *SS IC, Number of Pins: 9, Package: SIP

Out of Stock
(Lead time 0 days) 1+ $1.45
10+ $1.38
25+ $1.29

TA75559S SUB ONLY TOSHIBA IC 9-PIN SIP DUAL OP AMP BIPOLAR
SUB ONLY TOSHIBA IC 9-PIN SIP DUAL OP AMP BIPOLAR IC, Function: Operational Amplifier, P

Out of Stock
(Lead time 28 days) 1+ $3.05
5+ $2.70
10+ $2.40

Sort By:SKUManufacturerManufacturer PartAvailabilityPrice-High to LowPrice-Low to High Found: 4

Home | About MCM | Contact US | Help Center | Site Map | Terms & Conditions
© 2005 MCM, an InOne Company

Contact MCM, an InOne company:
Sales: 1-800-543-4330
Customer Service: 1-877-626-3532

About SSL Certificates

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi poobah,
You could find some NJM4559 or NJM4560 types for Joe.

Joe,
Yank apart most pieces of Japanese audio gear and you will find some NJM4558's. Some may even be the "S" version (sip). Those small Fostex or Tascam mixer - cassette things were full of them.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi poobah,
Look in za old broken unit. In dar, you find da gold.

To heck with brokers. They want you to buy a ton, not onesy twosy.

The guys who normally carry Japanese semi's will have them, as will every shop in the warranty network. It's one of the most common parts out there.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.