4558S inline op amp needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I just stumbled upon this inline opamps and it was kind of love at first sight :) I am always making my limited amount of PCB work with a kind of P2P wiring on perforated boards. It works, but the standard opamps are always a bit nasty to work with.

Well, the question is. I am willing to try out this auto bias circuit by Mr. Broskie link and would like to use the 4558 'inline'. Shall it work? I have found and looked at two datasheets: they state high gain, but nothing about unity gain stability (although one datasheet states they are suitable for active filter and equalizer amplifiers, active filter may be unity gain, so...).

Many thanks for reading, Erik

Hi Chris,

thanks for replying! I was talking to a guy in another group, and he told me that every opamp is unity gain stable, and when that is not the case it is explicitly mentioned in the datasheet. It are those little things that I have missed since I don't have any kind of electronics background.

And about the 4558S. I just bought 50 pieces (minimum order) for 8.80 australian dollars and will be able to start prototyping when I am back home.

Erik

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Erik,
thanks for replying! I was talking to a guy in another group, and he told me that every opamp is unity gain stable, and when that is not the case it is explicitly mentioned in the datasheet.
Should be, but not always. You have to be on your toes.

And about the 4558S. I just bought 50 pieces (minimum order) for 8.80 australian dollars and will be able to start prototyping when I am back home.
Cool! I would have purchased the 4560S if they could be found. They even sound good. I've used these devices for years in warranty situations, then in my own stuff. They are easier to lay out, that's for sure!

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.