Ripped Open Friends Microwave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
wut kinda wire can I find around the house that is rated for temps that my MOT will reach? kinda wanna just build this from stuff anyone can find around, so I can make a tutorial from all this learning Im doing. and let me tell you we dont operate the xformer anymore because my friend grabbed a lead from the primary and shorted it on the core. .......god hes an idiot......

we dont operate the xformer anymore because my friend grabbed a lead from the primary and shorted it on the core. .......god hes an idiot......

Then he shouldn't be anywhere around when you're working on this stuff, if either of you value your lives. It's a good idea to let *someone* know before you start experimenting, in case of accidents, but people like your friend are a liability. Don't even let him watch - if you did happen to be electrocuted, he'd probably try to pull you away without turning off the current. Find a more mature assistant if you intend to do more of this stuff!

Learning is good.

Forget that MOT-micrwave oven transformer

your best bet would be buy one of those transformers that are sold with primary wound only. The secondary will have to be wound by u. The winding wire is supplied alongwith. First decide the VA u want to use for the necessary application.

Ask some countrymen here, where to do a bargain purchase or try ebay.

Gajanan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.