Print transformers: what are they good for?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Saw some good auction on ebay, 10 pieces print transformers like pictured bellow:
5c_1_b.JPG

They are rated 115-230V and 2x9 3.5A
Any ideas what could be achieved with these?
Any good for audio? Good for use in a PSU for opamps or a DAC?

thanks

That's very funny, in coincidental way.
Compare:
His estate or personal representative brought a §402 A product liability action,
...snip...
with:
Q: What on earth is a 402 error?

A: This error code is puzzling. According to the HTTP specification, this code is reserved for future use and means "Payment required"
...snip..

Ok, so I'm a crank...:xeye:

dhaen said:
They should be used with caution on DIY kit, as their use puts mains on the PCB.
If you don't know anything about safety you should avoid pcb transformers. You must have knowledge about regulations but if you have it's no problems at all. You must mainly have control over which parts you can use and which distances you must have for certain parts.

I believe Elektor publishes some info about this in any project of thiers which uses such a transformer. At least these conform to the European electrical standards.

On closer inspection, those transformers are clearly marked "INDIA"... strange that I've never seen any on the local market. Most of the locally available transformers are E-I, and the low-current ones tend to heat up quite a bit even with zero power drawn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.