[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2004, 08:34 AM   #21
tcpip is offline tcpip  India
diyAudio Member

Default Re: About an Elektor CNC PCB Drilling Project

Quote:
Originally posted by peterpan73
As always, I'm looking for information and this time its on an article, or rather a series of articles from Elektor about a CNC PCB Drill machine for the hobbyist. If there is anyone in this group who have come across this project, please help me out my providing me with photocopies of the same. I'll pay for them.
I believe I have those issues. I'll search and let you know. Remind me.

Tarun
Old 15th February 2004, 11:58 AM   #22
gjo is offline gjo  India
diyAudio Member

Hi Patrick

I have done some research on US sources for a set of spare matched quad EL 34s for my pp power amp. I think Svetlana( or now S.E.D as they are known) are rated the best, and the best price for 4 is about $50-55, plus shipping. I may be going to the US next month so these are current pricing. I would be interested in knowing if these are available here and what they cost.
Thanks for any input.

George
Old 15th February 2004, 12:59 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Don't waste your time.

Hi George,
I think you better buy the tubes from the US. I bought some EL34's long ago for about R300/- or so. Now I am told it is Rs400 + . I also got a few Electro Harmonix EL34's from the US.
I think they sound better than my old purchase which is branded National. In addition the National logo and number just rubs off without any effort . The fewshops that had tubes in Chennai now don't have these tubes. Some tourists came and cleared them all out ! What a pity !
But then if you get reliable EL34's locally , it might be worth it.
You won't have shipping charges also.

Check out http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/6ca7el34.html

Quad matched EL34's for $44/- .

Cheers.
Old 15th February 2004, 02:17 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to peterpan73
Default Svetlana tubes.

Thanks a great deal for the info and the link again Ashok.

Yes i ordered 4 pieces of ECC83s and 2 EL34s from Svetlana and I am yet to use them in a replica of a vintage Marshall headamp I am homebrewing at the moment with original Marshall materials decals/logos,corners etc.

I am also contemplating in making a Marshall MG412 speaker cab replica later (I have my hands full now with 4 projects) but could not find Birch PLywood dealers in India. MDF is my last resort. Is that plywood available in Mumbai, anywhere in India??

Thanks for the info but I am exploring the possibility of finding Indian alternatives or even British (in India and provided they are good) for the same Svertlana quality but for a lower price. Thanks a great deal for the link again Ashok.

Now thats what they call a tight rope act.
Old 15th February 2004, 02:26 PM   #25
knight is offline knight  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hi tcpip,

i am an indian based in singapore. i hv been to lamington road in mumbai and i understand your difficulty. i can try to help you with parts available here .

regds
Old 15th February 2004, 03:03 PM   #26
corbato is offline corbato  India
diyAudio Member

Tarun
I was happy homebrewing the ďVishaĒ type PCB's till Angshu told me about your find. Once that thing is done Iíll be interested in having a Tube Dac stage that Iím studying. Perhaps we can do a group buy/build.

George
Have you started putting together your line stage? Iíd suggest that you start off by the JJ. Meanwhile, Iím exploring means to send the ribbed plates to you by some mean other then couriering the same. Experience tells me that parcelling a NOS tubes isnít a terribly great idea.

Peter.
Back in time I had cloned a supposedly Fender Reverb combo. Actually I had never seen a Fender till then and we didnít have the Internet to do a research. But those days a thriving builder community existed in Calcutta. So one day I took the train to Cal and bought a Case, Chassis, Tubes, OPTís and the nice Spring Reverb tank. All for around 1000 buck IIRC.

Its been almost 25 years. Just a few months ago this box was salvaged and I intend to put it back in action. But Iím changing the output section from a PP 6L6 to a PP 6BQ5. I like the tone of this smaller pentode. Looking at this plan. Your opinion pls.

Here are some pics:

The pack panel opened and the chassis pulled out a bit. And the other pics shows the Riverb tank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03655.jpg (58.6 KB, 1064 views)
Old 15th February 2004, 03:14 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

The twin spring reverb tank with the top panel removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03660.jpg (58.1 KB, 1003 views)
Old 15th February 2004, 03:20 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default Wow!!

Corbato,

Awesome..... good work there!! I haven't anything to show you in Audio except for PA Speakers and floor Monitors. Now let me get a web cam and then i might be able to show you - when they're done!!

Regards

Patrick
Old 15th February 2004, 03:33 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Great work!!

Corbato,

I'd love to get my hands on that cute spring of yours for nostaligias' sake. They were just the kind of stuff i was looking for when I was in school. I still haven't got one anyway. YOu're so very lucky! I've settled in now with the bucket brigade IC types I bought years ago and am yet to use them in a reverb box as I have been putting off my audio projects for lack of time. Right now I am neck deep in a 100W X 10 Amp project, A 13.8VDC POwer Supply Project for Ham radio(using a toroid)- simply changing my existing EI tranny with a toroid that I hope to get from MIracle, a monster PSU for my amps and a Marshall headamp replica project.

You can find some of my homebrew pics on this thread
Audio DIY, kits and electronics for the Ham Radio Shack-India
and more in my site at
www.angelfire.com/electronic2/patsham

Regards

Patrick
Old 15th February 2004, 03:56 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Great work!!

Quote:
Originally posted by peterpan73
I'd love to get my hands on that cute spring of yours for nostaligias' sake.
I am going to set a realistic target for rebuilding that combo. If its not possible then I may just give you away the entire combo and not just the reverb.

You've got some fantastic stuff out there !! Do you need to install a Red light on that dipole antenna to warn off incoming aricrafts- if any?

Hide this!Advertise here!