Svi 3206...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.geocities.com/technicshifi/SVI3206.jpg

i have given a sample application circuit

hope this helps

oh SVI3206's arent :down: theese ICs CRANK...

:att'n: MAKE SURE COOLING FAN WORKS :att'n:

Technics skimped out on the Heatsink - its ok w/ working fan.... however dust/heat dries motor bearings out which makes motor draw more current which o/c's the drive transistor, fan stops.
IC will run SO HOT that the output devices UNSOLDER THEMSELVES and SLIDE down (into other output devices or drive components) - annoying thing being is that a perfectly good ic destroyed by shitty fan drive circuit

- Baily :spin:

Well first of all, How did you find this application circuit?
hehe Could not find any information on those over priced
amplifiers. I admit that once I had the ned chip working... the sound was pretty good! Although I doubt that they are worth what I paid for them (130 CND$) :mad:

After all, Technics if made by Panasonic, Ic is made by panasonic... They can set their price tag when no datasheet are out there... any how! Are is the SVI3206 is rated anyway?

Did find the construction of the amplifier a bit cheap. +-15v +5v -24v regulators all on the same tiny heatsink with the monster Amplifier Ic. Taking 60 volt directly to the regulators, meaning lots of heat for such a Sink. Worst, the fan regulator was fried, has you predicted. Solution? Outside power supply with dedicated toroidal transformer. No heat, no firework Happy customer.

Well Ought to thank you again for your help. I'll keep this schema for further repairs!

:)

i have reverse engineered the IC, also the amp it was in,
made the circuit and produced some nice amplifiers

the SVI3206A is 2X 130W

-

whenever i get the opportunity to come across theese IC's i look right into them and will continue to offer as much info to ppl as i can about them - sample apps pin funct etc (sometimes internal schematics)

as panasonic wont help ppl w/ theese ICs, I will :)

good to see what i do is of some value
take care till next time

SU-V2x or SU-V4x

Hello Synapse! seeing as you are talking about a technics amplifier, and you are in Canada, I am wondering if you have ever come upon a SU-V4X or SU-V2X amplifier. If so I would really like to get one (or more!) I have almost never seen this model on sale on Ebay, the only one I saw in the last 4 years, I bought. Anyway, if anybody has one of these for sale I would be willing to buy it. Thanks.
Oh by the way are you a professional repairman? (...happy customer)?

:)

Love yah taste!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love the V4X got 12 of em
got a few V2X amps too :)

> check this slice of heaven

Attachments

• v4x.jpg
    v4x.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 822
Save Your Amp!

I am a repair man

the V4X, i know like the back of my hand
- not cos they break down, simply because theyre my fave amp.

the biggest prob w/ V4X amps are Q501-Q504 Pre Drive / Current Stabilizer 2SA1123/2SC2631 - Replace these w/ 2SA1124/2SC2632 - the faults these transistors can cause are usually ongoing safety operation/intermittent safety operation / safety operation after a certain time/ whistling (soft) / distortion & in the WORST CASE take out IC502 - SVI2004A by both goin short and applying both +&- to their respective input pins at the same time

Save the IC - its no longer Available and what for? the sake of replacing aprrox $7USD in transistors???

*** the abovementioned transistors account for a staggering 90% of the faults in V2X/V4X Amps.

whenever i get one of these amps, i replace these 4 transistors and breathe easy :)

i hope this helps people save a beautiful amplifier

Regards Baily :)

su-v4x

Thanks Baily!! I will do that transistor swap, as it does have that safety-light clicking thing... Another thing I get the impression that the technics models for America were black only, and the rest of the world was silver like in your picture. Am I right? If I could get a schematic, I would be so happy! Goodday

V4x

I have a silver SU-V4X which I bought used in 2004 to replace a V1X I had owned from new in 1984.

They're delightful little amps - musical and muscular but they do run quite hot. I keep mine on it's own worktop space with nothing on top.

One day I'm sure it'll fail and I will probably cry :).

Hello everyone. I'm having troubles with my technics sa gx 303.
I have replaced the original power module SVI 3206 C. I used a power module SVI3206 D but.. I coudn't hear any sound from the speakers. So, the power module seems to be not working at all.
Are some difference between svi3206 C and svi3206 D ?? many thanks! David

Hi SVI2004A can you possibly help me here, I have a Technics SU-X502 that had a blown SVI3204 I have sourced a nice little Toshiba TT1943/TT5200 based assembled amp board with rectification and speaker protection on board I went for it mainly as it was less than half the price of a replacement SVI module and it would accept the 32v 0v 32v straight from the existing transformer, my problem is that I have worked out that pins 13 and 15 are L/R signal + but find that what I thought was signal ground pin 14 appears to be just chassis ground and I get a hum not massive but enough to kick in the fan drive!! with no input connected amp is totally silent so pretty sure it is not any PSU issue and can only guess I need to find the signal ground that is possibly decoupled some how but finding any info about these SVI modules is difficult can you possibly help me out here please.

SVI 3206 series C D etc.. what's the difference ?

i have reverse engineered the IC, also the amp it was in,
made the circuit and produced some nice amplifiers

the SVI3206A is 2X 130W

-

whenever i get the opportunity to come across theese IC's i look right into them and will continue to offer as much info to ppl as i can about them - sample apps pin funct etc (sometimes internal schematics)

as panasonic wont help ppl w/ theese ICs, I will :)

good to see what i do is of some value
take care till next time

Baily in your travels looking at 3206s have you managed to see the differene between the version of 3206. some are denoted C others A. what do these mean ?

Could Not Connect

i have given a sample application circuit

hope this helps

oh SVI3206's arent :down: theese ICs CRANK...

:att'n: MAKE SURE COOLING FAN WORKS :att'n:

Technics skimped out on the Heatsink - its ok w/ working fan.... however dust/heat dries motor bearings out which makes motor draw more current which o/c's the drive transistor, fan stops.
IC will run SO HOT that the output devices UNSOLDER THEMSELVES and SLIDE down (into other output devices or drive components) - annoying thing being is that a perfectly good ic destroyed by shitty fan drive circuit

I think Geocities has long gone. Does anyone still have an internal schematic of this chip?

I have an amp with no audio out and can't decide if the chip is blown or it has an internal mute issue. It gets warm so something in it works.

Many thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.