PCB copy rights/writes ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no Head-wize, Head-fi seem to be big on personality cults/fanboyism - naming common circuits for those who bring them to the forums despite deeper history or (lack) of significance to those with more experience

to be fair to Chu Moy I don't think he made any claims of novelty

Apart from a few genuine innovators like Miller and Baxandall I think it is best if circuits are known by a fairly accurate descriptive name, then we all know what people are talking about. It is a fair bet that English, French and Russian speaking people all sincerely believe that it was one of them who first invented it, so they will have different names!

I very much doubt that a cmoy will be subject to a copyright dispute, the design is in the public domain and is anyway too obvious to merit a patent. If you are concerned about the PCB layout, lay it out again in a PCB package such as Eagle, there's not a lot of scope for doing it wrong. Keep the inputs away from the outputs and the power traces close together. For that matter you can build it on perfboard.

The ($350) Grado RA1 headphone amp turned out to be little more than a cmoy when someone busted it open.

DIY Audio Projects - Hi-Fi Blog for DIY Audiophiles: Grado RA1 Headphone Amplifier

ecp.cc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.