Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Floyd42Flake said:
Mahler's disciple Otto Klemperer.

Good to see another O.K. fan! I enjoy his Beetoven recordings, for sure.

scott wurcer said:
Baku - Symphony of Sirens 1922
Interesting Russian avantguard/futurism

Will have to check it out. Was involved in a 90's hommage to the Futurist movement in Leningrad. Good fun/strange memories.

Listening to Martin Denny "Quiet Village".

panomaniac said:

Will have to check it out. Was involved in a 90's hommage to the Futurist movement in Leningrad. Good fun/strange memories.

Listening to Martin Denny "Quiet Village".

Try to find a sample first, the 2 CD/book set will burn a small hole in your wallet. But it is amazing someone did this, reminds me of Scriabin's fantasies.

"In 1922 Arseni Avraamov composed and conducted a visionary public sound event, activating the entire port city of Baku: its factory sirens, the ships horns of the entire Caspian flotilla, two batteries of artillery, several full infantry regiments, trucks, seaplanes, 25 steam locomotives, an array of pitched whistles and several massive choirs. Constantly referenced but forever lost, this extraordinary event is here painstakingly reconstructed and spatialised to approximate the original experience."

scott wurcer said:

Try to find a sample first, the 2 CD/book set will burn a small hole in your wallet. But it is amazing someone did this, reminds me of Scriabin's fantasies.

"In 1922 Arseni Avraamov composed and conducted a visionary public sound event, activating the entire port city of Baku: its factory sirens, the ships horns of the entire Caspian flotilla, two batteries of artillery, several full infantry regiments, trucks, seaplanes, 25 steam locomotives, an array of pitched whistles and several massive choirs. Constantly referenced but forever lost, this extraordinary event is here painstakingly reconstructed and spatialised to approximate the original experience."

This is related to WW-II only:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=518XP8prwZo

Sublime - 40oz to freedom (album).....

Most original and genuinely 'foot taping' reggae/ska/rap/soul/dance/younameit band I care to listen to.

Also enjoyable to notice which tracks they had decent equipment to record with on early stuff like 40oz...

Must be listened to at approaching 'rocking' levels.