Now Playing + What are you listening to?

AmpKiller66 said:
Kyuss- Welcome to Sky Valley

I just put the entire album on and let it play. It's like a freight train bearing down on you... in a good way

Holy effin' cow! Demon Cleaner is playing right now. I just ran the whole Blues for the Red Sun album this morning, though it is not as all-the-way-through playable as this album. Who knew us speaker nuts listenned to Kyuss? Quite a leg stretcher for any system at anything higher than a whisper...

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Bedrock, Beautiful Strange (John Digweed, Nick Muir)

If you like trance/electronica this is both good sounding and entertaining. A lot of very interesting spacial effects "virtual surround" all around you. Some very deep bass - good woofer work out.

That's today's choice, tomorrow's could be Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings...

I have found a lot of music that I never knew existed until now. So far my experience is limited to what Google or YouTube could find (played through a Simple SE), but I guess that I will need to order some CD's from Amazon.

Goldfrapp, I never heard of her before, some songs (Ride a White Horse, Fly Me Away) sound like Berlin. Some I can't pinpoint, but I like. Why did I toss my home made Theremin years ago?

Bedrock, Beautiful Strange sounds cool (kind of reminds me of Enigma) but much of the other tracks that I found sound like the thumpa thumpa music that they play in the gym, or at a rave.

Kyuss... QoSA..., hey us old tube heads know how to rock too! Wimpy computer speakers need not apply. 10 WPC SE tube amp through Yamaha studio monitors, much better, gotta hook the 80 WPC monster up to the 15 inchers and rattle the neighbors! Yep, Demon Cleaner should do it, love the guitars sound.

So far this has been an interesting way to waste the evening, keep posting, I'll keep playing them.

Quincy Jones Explores the Music of Henry Mancini.

I've been finding a lot of great LPs at the flea market in Chicago this summer, but this one is a special gem. He's a pop genius, and those Mancini tunes are irresistible. The nostalgia factor may be positive or negative for you, depending on your history, but this thing kicks.

So they're playing along, swinging along pretty heavily on Charade, and then you hear this long sustained high sax note, going on for bar after bar after, then you realize, "dang if that isn't Roland Kirk" and sure enough by the end of the song he's playing two or three instruments, bringing some spicy weirdness to the arrangement. He's featured on three of the cuts.

Oh, yeah, lots of other great players on that record, too.

--Buckapound