Now Playing + What are you listening to?

A nice story....does he have any releases ?.
The old story, :rolleyes: ... they recorded an album, privately, but by this stage the internal bickering and carrying on was getting too much for everyone - and it all fell apart soon after ... must be boxes of the LPs around somewhere still, :D. My brother still keeps in contact with some of the former members, etc ...

Been there in that room, those sounds are captured quite well.
Have you had a good listen to TTB's...the drum solo on Albert Gooses is impressive, and Phil's guitar solos are magical.

Grab this one for a dose of Aus pub live performance musical ecstasy - Live At Storey Bridge Hotel.rar.
Bo Diddley Beat and Dole Queue Shuffle Blues are great humour, his renditions of a bunch of blues standards are better than the originals.

The crowd sounds add that completeness....aaahhh the fond memories :cool:.
This download is a dub from a damaged cassette...your system is musically up to the task of that 'being there' experience, please revel as I did on that particular night.
Phil is a maestro....Chet Atkins does some stuff playing two tunes at once, Phil does it better !.

Search YouTube for his stuff, in particular footage of his performances on Murray River paddle boats....intimate and beautiful.

Dan.

PS - Just goes to show what can be captured with an SM58, a stomp box, a Takamine and a Fostex cassette four track....and a great guitarist.
Too few hours in the day, :D. The joke is, my normal laptop is out of action, and I have a high end Dell unit, with Vista, to do my net stuff on at the moment. And its audio works, unlike my normal beast. And jeeez, the quality of its sound is truly awful, no guts, no fidelity - only just good enough to be able to hear through the grunge and work out what the music should sound like ... how some people can judge sound via these, I don't know ... :p

Last edited:
The old story, :rolleyes: ... they recorded an album, privately, but by this stage the internal bickering and carrying on was getting too much for everyone - and it all fell apart soon after ... must be boxes of the LPs around somewhere still, :D. My brother still keeps in contact with some of the former members, etc ...
Ah, the prima donna problem.....ruins many artistic endeavours.
Too few hours in the day, :D. The joke is, my normal laptop is out of action, and I have a high end Dell unit, with Vista, to do my net stuff on at the moment. And its audio works, unlike my normal beast. And jeeez, the quality of its sound is truly awful, no guts, no fidelity - only just good enough to be able to hear through the grunge and work out what the music should sound like ... how some people can judge sound via these, I don't know ... :p
What's happened to your famous PC speakers...and you don't have a decent external USB audio interface ?.
You could burn the PM album to cd....Foobar works easily for that.

Dan.

Separate machine - my wife's desktop ... used for the "serious" listening, :D. At the moment she's using it heavily, for her projects - so, "Hands off!!" are the words of the moment ... :).

In a bit of an empty space at the moment, don't actually have a decent sound system able to rumble currently; combination of things, but mainly a personal energy issue. My wife is starting to push a bit, would like to get good sound happening again - just need to rev it up a bit to get things movin' ... ;)

Still listening mainly to Jackie Evancho, her new CD "Awakening" is stunning. Incredible in it's own right but from a 14 year old, incredible in the extreme and now becoming a full blown musician with piano, violin and flute added to her list of achievements.

Currently a slight diversion with First Aid Kit whom I believe I have seen mentioned here and dismissed (I do that and it always comes back to haunt me).
Was watching some Patti Smith on Youtube and saw their cover of "Dancing Barefoot" listed and against my better judgement took a chance and have to say that they are very fine singers and musicians.
Have a bias towards them as they are Swedish and I spent many a happy year there.

Also Leonard Cohen's "Old Ideas" - he still has it!

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Last edited: