The Beatles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Well, I think I like more things than I don't like, so it's easier to list those. Rap, country, and folk music top the list of things I can't stand, as well as Bob Dylan. I usually listen to classical music (Baroque, Romantic and Impressionist periods; I don't like Classical such as Mozart or Haydn, nor newer styles such as atonal -- ugh). From more modern music, I listen to a variety from jazz, rock, pop, Pure Moods-type music; I usually go by individual songs I like rather than artist, except in regards to Mike Oldfield, and Charles Aznavour (and to a lesser extent, Roxette).

I think alot has to do with what you grew up listening to.

I personally like the Beatles along with old clasic rock like Robin Trower, Deep Purple, Electric Prunes, Strawberry Alarmclock, Black Sabbath....and the list goes on. IMHO newer stuff...Pop, Rap,....Sucks.

Prune said:

If you call disturbing noise "music", then I agree.

Hmm. Google shows 3600 "beatles suck" sites. And taking into consideration all the other ways to word it, looks like there's hope for humanity after all. I especially like this one.

Thats because the rest of us are busy enjoying the music that we like instead of *****ing about what we don't like

But I agree with Frank Berry who agree's with "nobody special" who agrees with Azira, who agrees with Zumbido

Don't worry Prune,

Nobody's perfect, heck I even know people who like hockey but not Wayne Gretzky. Go figure.

You're allowed to love music without loving the Beatles.
Just don't say it too loud.

Those 3600 hits you talked about are just a bunch of no-minded, tin-earred, too much time on their hands, low life, scum sucking, arrogant, untalented, blue balled, musically challenged, wet behind the ears, flat footed, pug nosed, computer geeks, with nothing else to do, losers.

Yourself excluded of course ;)

Cal

Not everything Beatles is good, but overall it is a band with a body of work way above the average. Many of their songs sound dated these days, which explains why people new to their work cannot really appreciate it.
Also, the band as a whole was undoubtedly more than the sum of each individual, especially when it comes to Ringo Star. He is, in my opinion, one of the luckiest people in the music business. Little talent, no charisma, negligible contribution to the band’s song book, yet he is and will forever be known as one of the Beatles.

:irked:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.