High Res Downloads - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2012, 09:28 AM   #1
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Default High Res Downloads

I'd like to post a sample recording in 24/96 for anyone to download (Lee Barber playing the wonderful song "Tin Foil Satellite" for a group of local audiophiles and artists). Obviously, it would be a large file. Being an old coot, the only services I know to do that have a limited number of downloads- is there a free service where I can do this and have essentially unlimited downloads of the file?
Old 4th January 2012, 09:36 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi SY.

You could try uploading it to the website called soundcloud. There you can give people the choice to download or listen. And it is free.

Regards Ian
Old 4th January 2012, 09:48 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Ian, thanks! Seems to work, here's the link:

Lee Barber Live- Tin Foil Satellite FLAC by Stuart Yaniger on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

If anyone can try to download, see if it comes over as the right high res format.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:49 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I know this is not what you are asking but do you know about this software ?

Cirlinca | High-Definition audio software | FLAC, DVD, Blu-ray
Old 4th January 2012, 09:52 AM   #5
diyAudio Moderator

Not familiar with that software. I've been using Reaper and Goldwave.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:55 AM   #6
diyAudio Moderator

Oops, need to update VLC to play it. Comes down as a 52.3 Mb Flac file though, that sound about right?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 4th January 2012, 10:07 AM   #7
diyAudio Moderator

Yeah, it should be about that. I hope the FLAC encoding really is lossless! The original WAV file is 195 meg.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:08 AM   #8
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Very clear sound SY!! There is something weird going on with the soundstage though (at least through my speakers). He sounded like he was sitting about 4 feet to the left of my left most speaker (thats my left sitting facing the speakers), but some of the guitar (most specifically fingers sliding on the strings, not sure if there is a proper word for that) sounded pretty much central between the speakers...

Tony.

Last edited by wintermute; 4th January 2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: clarify left
Old 4th January 2012, 10:10 AM   #9
diyAudio Moderator

Yeah, I need to move the mike back slightly on the next go-round- it's a Blumlein, and the height difference between Left and Right did something funny to the image. There's also some low level hum on the right, which I think was from ambient (the mikes and pre are all battery powered). This was a live show, so I couldn't tweak position. We're doing a recording-only session in a few weeks where I can work that stuff out.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:32 AM   #10
just another
diyAudio Moderator

ok just looked it up, I almost asked if it was too close, but since I know nothing about recording didn't

Out of interest was he seated centrally or off to one side? He was planted firmly in the back left corner of my room. Is it possible you didn't have the centre of the mic pair exactly on axis? maybe to the right by 1 or 2 degrees?

Tony.

Hide this!Advertise here!