High Res Downloads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, everyone is taking a break at the moment, getting ready for the huge South By South West festival next week (except for one guy who's on tour). I've been scouting out new locations- the spot I had planned to use is now out of the question because of construction on a huge complex across the street (a semiconductor company, ironically). I may have found a good one- if all goes well, we'll be doing sessions first week of April.

You know, I have n+1 soundcard.
But I listen to it rather after all my Sheldon Stokess Tube DAC:
SDS Labs DAC Designs
Huh, now already more, than ten of his years already.
Thank you for it, Sheldon!
I wondering about ASUS Xonar Essence One Dac.
But this a monthly payment at us.
And not DIY.
Even then not, if I may keep exchanging the Opamps in this.

Hi SY,

Sounds fantastic! but I am a bit confused?

From my dealings with Soundcloud, (I have a paid account for my electronic music) only if the song is made available to download from Soundcloud will it be downloadable in it's native file format.

So as I understand, if I just play this song rather than download, it will be a compressed version and not play as a 2496FLAC. If I download it from Soundcloud it will be in it's native file format.

In your current Soundcloud settings, downloads have been disabled for this song so we cant get the 2496FLAC.

So I headed over to "southpawjones.com" as the Soundcloud page suggested but I was unable to find the 2496FLAC file you are talking about. Are you suggesting I can buy the 2496FLAC file from iTunes?

I was unable to find it there either.

Thanks for your time and I am really excited you release such records for us. The music is fantastic and the quality is too, just gotta get a copy!

But

Tony, spud, I screwed up royally. After a certain point in the recording (before this song), the balanced shifted hugely. Someone moved the mike? Nope, someone hit a switch (I hope not me) with put in MS matrixing. Oops. I fixed it and now things should sound mo' better. Ditto the 16 vs 24 bit problem- this was the first time I used Goldsound for mastering and there were a couple things I missed. Also fixed.

Lee Barber Live - Tin Foil Satellite MS by Stuart Yaniger on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Any chance for a re-upload? "This track has reached its download limit."

Brilliant recording, Stuart, sometimes less is more.
Recently some Austrian blues musicians recorded a Cd with just one microphone - now thats puristic!

One question: A blumlein microphone is two figure-eight microphones angled 90deg and the signal is mixed as it is to stereo. A M-S microphone usually is a cardioid or an ommni microphone together with a figure-eight microphone, recording the mid signal and the side signal seperatly. These recordings have to mixed to stereo in a special way. The usage of the microphones is quite different.
So with what technique was your recording done?

New hi-res track uploads are starting. We had the great Peter Mulvey over to do some recording. As before, single point mike, no EQ or compression. You can hear which way he had his head turned and the nice forward sound of his vintage Martin. Peter graciously gave me permission to post his songs.

Peter Mulvey - Knuckleball Suite

More from these sessions to come.

edit: Mastered version now up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.