Classic Rock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DC will never find a guitar player more suited for him than John Sykes.DC had surgery to his vocal chords in 85/86 while writing what would be the 1987 album , he was 6 months without singing they thought we would never sing again.Sykes having written the songs with him wanted to record the songs with another singer , when DC got better he fired Sykes and the rest of the band for that.

Another masterpiece , 1987 cover of Standing in the shadows

Whitesnake - Standing In The Shadow (1987 version) - YouTube

Last edited:
I´m a HUGE Iron Maiden Fan.Maiden made me love rock music like no band ever did.Somewhere here in the forum i was reading that I.Maiden albuns were good recordings , in sound quality that is.

Andy Scott of The Sweet fame did a bit of work with Maiden in the early years. While the Sweet started off a pop group they moved into heavier rock as time went on. They did a couple of great heavier albums "Sweet FA" and "Give us a wink" and I guess that what Andy passed on to Maiden.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.