Classic Rock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I am a fan of Classic Rock but not much of the main stream music interested me as a kid. A few bands such as Deep Purple and Zep caught my attention, Black Sabbath also, but the majority of the music I enjoyed was rarley heard on the airwaves.

Robin Trower
U.F.O
Kings X
Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush

Speed metal came along sometime in the 90's, Jason Becker and Marty Friedman had a goup called Cacaphony. This stuff was never played on the air. For good reasons... lol :D

You may have heard...
Levon Helm is near death from his long battle with cancer. While checking out that news yesterday, I learned we've already lost Ronnie Montrose (Montrose, Gamma) and Larry "Rhino" Reinhardt (Iron Butterfly, Captain Beyond) this year. So far, 2012 hasn't been too kind to classic rock.

Hope they had the recorders running on April 27 for this:
"A Concert For Ronnie Montrose - A Celebration of His Life In Music" will feature the original Montrose lineup (Sammy Hagar, vocals; Bill Church, bass; and Denny Carmassi, drums), performing the landmark first Montrose album, with special guest Joe Satriani on lead guitar. The original Gamma lineup (Davey Pattison, vocals; Glenn Letsch, bass; Denny Carmassi, drums) will also be on hand, with special guest Marc Bonilla on lead guitar."

Attachments

• montrose4x6.jpg
    montrose4x6.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 58
I like Joe Satriani´s records but his songs dont sound the same live , people say Vai uses too many effects but his songs sound the same live , i gess some people still cant see what a superb guitarrist he is (Vai) , though i have no patience to listen to his records :) too boring

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.