The 15 Song Album collection:

How about just to get this one over with if there are like colors in a song title that are expressed differently then have at it.. So purple and indigo are okay as separates.. Same with red and crimson (hint). #2 can also count as 3 if y'all want to make it easier and get it over with..So when we get to #12 just call it done ..

This wasn't meant to be an anal scientific debate on what is or isn't a color.. I was thinking more along the lines of any color that you can find in a song title without repeating them, that you could paint your car or house with etc. So! If I took my car to the paint shop and said paint it white, the color will be white, same with had I asked for black.. And they are known in those industries as color choices ..

How excitable you get, you choose a theme...we follow it...you don't like the choise someone makes....you want to change the theme....and a reply to a joke comment in a light hearted manner in reference to earlier discusions as to the natur of colours, which was made as side responce to someones other than yourself, gets you worked up to into a self defensive mode for no apparent reason....cool it....where is the ban on others being able to comment or hold a discusion here laid out ?

Scott, you say "I get the impression quite a few people here enjoy being a bit anal."..... Whom might you be refering to? and why? and what sort of cencorship would you like be instergated ?

Wasn't excitable at all, it just seemed people needed more information as they were wondering what the OP (me) meant.. So I clarified ... And I never stated I didn't like the choice someone made.. I just expressed that I should have been clearer by stating only one color in each song title. Shouldn't be anything wrong in that.. Cheers!

Last edited:
Scott, you say "I get the impression quite a few people here enjoy being a bit anal."..... Whom might you be refering to? and why? and what sort of cencorship would you like be instergated ?

The people who enjoy being pedantic and I include myself amongst them, tis not a criticism but an observation. As for the why, why not? I don't recall even implying that I was in favour of any kind of censorship, where did that come from?

Read what is writen in the post..

at least it's simple ....or is it?
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

Well...it can of course lead to ask whether the OP - "white" is a colour,

We have a clear question and responce....and you have fallen in the roll of making it not simple....there was no claim white is not a colour...only that it may not be simple if somebody wants to disscuse it.......and this person has proved to be you...and the thing is no one is disputing you...but you still feel the need to argue your point...but with whom?

All I was doing was trying to add some clarity to questions and statements in posts: 18079,18085,18087,18089,18092,18095,18101, and now 18104.. Cheers..

Edit: It was inferred that white was not a valid choice or black, in posts: 18079,18087.. All I did was explain that the thread was meant to be more like colors you could choose to paint something etc..

Last edited:
01 - White Lightening and Wine - Heart
02 - Red, Yellow, Blue — Fred Frith
03 - Purple Rain - Prince
04 - Green Door - Shaky
05 - Let's Make The Water Turn Black - Frank Zappa
06 - Mood Indigo - Nina Simone
07 - Here Comes The People in Grey - Muswell Hillbillies (The Kinks)
08 - Scarlet Begonias - Sublime
09 - Lilac Wine - Jeff Buckley
10 - Champagne Sí, Agua No - Jimmy Buffett

Here's a few hints to help get this one over:

Okay, then everything is fine........except......why always this rush to get the theme used up as quickly as possible?

I myself quite enjoy reading a theme...responding if something occurs to me....and then going of to muse upon the topic with hope that tommorow I could add a second song, if one pops to mind...but each to his own.

Okay, then everything is fine........except......why always this rush to get the theme used up as quickly as possible?

I myself quite enjoy reading a theme...responding if something occurs to me....and then going of to muse upon the topic with hope that tommorow I could add a second song, if one pops to mind...but each to his own.

I wasn't meaning to rush it and was just here for fun.. But then it seemed sort of like an attack in certain posts, at how I allowed colors that scientifically do not measure, or how I dismiss calculations and science etc. So I tried to explain what I meant, but then it just became too anal for me. So then I was like how bout if y'all are unhappy just get it over with and make a new choice etc.. I even gave clues to three songs in post 18096.

It's just a song thread, but my bad for not explaining better in my opening post. Cheers :)

Last edited:
allowed colors

If we get too technical we'll drive the thin skins away. From recent previous lists:

If my bicycle 'seat' is actually a 'saddle' then:
A spiral is not 3D shape, but if the poster meant a helix, then ok.
A box is not a geometrical shape, a cuboid is.
A triangle is not 3D.
A marble is not a geometric shape, a sphere is.
A hexagon is not 3D.
A ball is not a geometric shape, a sphere is.
A torus is a 3D shape and it was removed.
Lightning has no E

Dave just to be clear my post about science etc was in no way directed specifically at you just a throwaway remark regarding the differences in approach employed by everyone who enjoys the hobby that brought us to this site in the first place.
On a side note .. Ben are you testing some sort of diy speech to text prototype. ? :)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
04 - Green Door - Shaky
11 - Heart of Gold - Neil Young

--And don't tell my car that gold isn't a color...

04 - Green Door - Shaky
11 - Heart of Gold - Neil Young
12 - Sink The Pink - AC/DC