Clarity on Seas Thor Kit

I finally got some paint on my boxes. :cool:

b_pa_g.jpg

A white pearl on the speaker, and a very dark green on the foot.

b_top.jpg

bfot.jpg

To do the spraypaint self was not as easy as I had figured. It's all about not spraing to little or too much - which i pretty hard to do.
I couldn't quite accomplish the mirrorlike finish I was going for, bet perhaps that´s too much to ask from someone that has'nt ever used a spraygun before.

Now they have to sit there and harden for a few days.
Sigh.
I want to hear them! Now!

upgrade Thor & Odin

I have two Thors & three Odins since 5 years ago & now I'm upgrading all of them by rebuildind the cabinet of 2 new fat sea thors ( from scottmoose ), also the updated Xover from jimangie. Can any one provide any suggestion ? Is changing Xover good enough for Odin as I prefer to stay with the old Odin cabinet. Thanks

Have you compared the updated versions with the stock Xovers, with an AB style test? Are the "updated" Xovers using higher Quality parts or are the values different? A link would be nice :)
Can you provide the details of the updated Xovers and component values?
Please,
Ron

What about Odin ?

KarlXII said:
I've got the original crossovers, and I'm just finishing up jmangies improved version.
I'll get back to you with a listening report comparing the two. ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

planet10 said:

To save having to register with HTguide to see the attachment here it is.

dave

---------------------------------------------------------

Are you talking about Thor or Odin. There is lots of info on Thor & I know the Xover are the same but what about the enclosure design for Odin ( 1.2 cu ft ) Any changes on the size or modification.

I also will like to build a ht centre speaker to match all these seas speakers & where can I obtain a proper Xover for using Seas W18E001 Mid woofer & T25CF002 Tweeter. How much does it cost for someone to provide the design of the Xover ?

Are you talking about Thor or Odin. There is lots of info on Thor & I know the Xover are the same but what about the enclosure design for Odin ( 1.2 cu ft ) Any changes on the size or modification.
If you read the HTG thread, jimangie ended up plugging the ports on his speakers (commercial, similar to the Odin.) He thinks they need more volume to work well ported. I assume he's crossing to a sub but I don't know for sure.

Thor Feet

I looked long and hard for cool feet for the Thor............ they are so hard to find. Parts Express got these buy-out feet on two occaisions. They were cheap, like $9.00 a set.............. I only bought two sets because I had not seen them up close............ I have never been able to find them since. I'm mad at myself because I should have bought more.................