SL's Pluto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Boys...DIY to your heart's content, there is no objection whatsoever to this. Saying that some aspect of SL's Pluto or LXmini or other designs inspired your thought process or gave you an idea is also fine. Use your at hand cheap drivers as you see fit. But for me, when you take (for example) Mr. Bateman's swiss-cheesed plastic speaker array and call it an LXmini homage on a widely accessed site like this, it can have the effect of confusing or misleading the uninitiated who might be better served by following SL's more systematic path. I have no desire or interest to see Linkwitz on any sort of pedestal, he is much more effective with his feet firmly on the ground.

Kevin, this IS a DIY-forum, not BIY!
I just love all these brilliant speaker ideas and tricks that Patrick, xrk etc. show us. This is the heart and soul of diy - getting ideas and inspiration from various existing speakers or concepts and remaking them and trying to learn from them.
geagh13.JPG

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.