selenium coax speaker question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I just put them in the room with the rest and they sound just fine for party time. Cabinet finishing later. 3.7 cubic feet. Critical listening after the beer wears off. Right now I'm in DIY heaven :D

Hope someone else had a productive day too.

Cal

Attachments

• img_4765.jpg
    img_4765.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 331
Cal Weldon said:
.... Right now I'm in DIY heaven :D

Hope someone else had a productive day too.

Cal

Congrats. Yeah, I had a real productive day too. I finally scored a gearbox that I have been searching for literally for years neded to build my proposed wind turbine. Got other useful bits too. Now I can see me building this behemoth this summer! I'm in DIY heaven too. :)

very nice cal! well im on my way into DIYing my basshorn at the moment. my mate has finished his and it sounds sooooo damn loud and low, im never going back to any other design unless i have the $$$$ for OB's :p

glad my mate got his dad to cut 2 lots of wood for the basshorns :D

he ws only running the horn off a 30 watt amp, and the bass was deep at low levels too!! man i never heard anything like this before!!

Imperial horns

Well, I am back on track with my Imperial horn project. I want to thank GM for all of the help in picking out a suitable driver for this cab. I should have my B&C coax speakers today. i sent back the Radians, not because they were not the best choice. For what it is worth I purchased the B&C's from US Speaker. They have the best prices i could find and their customer service is excellant! As soon as the cabs are done i will report. craig

Here is the corner with the HT woofer on top and the music woof on the bottom. The entertainment unit has the two separate systems also. The rest of the HT stuff is on the window mullions. All this in a 260 square foot room.

Big happy grin on my face. :D

Now my girlfriend Sonia won't have to wonder why I'm not spending time with her. I'm hers again. She's happy too.

Cal

Attachments

• img_4836 #2.jpg
    img_4836 #2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 252
For what it is worth, I hooked up the B&C 15 inch coax speakers into my test cabs (ported cab) and played the **** out of them for the whole weekend. They sound great!! Cant wait to try them in the horn cab. I used tube gear biamped with an electronic crossover. They sounded really good loud but they also sounded good at low volume which to me is important. These beautys are built well and are fairly reasonable pricewise.

They looked lonley standing there by themselves so I robbed the kid's piggybanks, the grocery money and all the empties I could muster and filled in the gap. :D

I must say, things like surfing with 12 channels on at once is a new one on me.

A nicer stand and HD hook up will come sometime later, long after it sinks in that I'm probably gonna lose weight without food. :whazzat:

Cal

Attachments

• img_4868.jpg
    img_4868.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 214
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.