B&W DM601 crossover shematic - anyone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own the BW DM601 first edition, i m not sure if its the same with the one you re asking.

Its a parallel crossover with 1st order low pass and a 3rd order hi pass. It also has a resistor to lower the tweeter's output. The inductors' values are not mentioned. The crossover's x frequency is 3Khz. There isnt any zobel or notch filter. The high pass filter's capacitors are 10ìF and 4.7ìF electrolytics ( which i replaced them with polypropylene ones of course, and the sound improved tremendously)

Sorry if i wasn't much helpful

Hi there to both of you.
I am just wandering... Jomor, I have just bought a pair of DM601's and am interested in changing the capacitors for polypropylene ones. I have seen ones available on the Maplin website here: -

Audio-Grade Polypropylene Axial Capacitors : Polypropylene : Maplin Electronics

However, if you look, the units of measurements are 'uF' which I'm guessing is microFarrads. Is this the same as the ìF that you have written above? And also, should I only change the capacitors on the high pass filter or should I do the low as well? And finally, do you know of anywhere cheaper to buy these capacitors at all. Not that they are that expensive anyway but it's always nice to save a bit of cash.

Many thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.