May be worth looking at

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the link, say a retailer ordinarily sold an item for $10. Then that retailer advertises a sale and says the normal price is $20, but gives you 50% off. Was it really a sale? That may not be happening here, but the drivers seem to look more like something from MCM than ~$100 drivers, IMO.

The Rival drivers are really nice, low HD units, Ron. They are on-par with the upper-end of DIY available drivers such as SS, Wavecor, Seas, and Usher. They are just on sale to move inventory according to RAD, and try to introduce them to the DIY crowd. They don't normally sell straight to the public. Regular pricing is not on the low-end scale, but they are nice and worth it. I have a pair of the R176P-8, and they are as good if not better than the specs on the SS 8545K and the Usher 8945. Full copper sleeve, extended pole, Nomex spider, aluminum former, and an aluminum shorting ring. The Le is about 0.2mH on both of my units.

See attached,
Wolf

Attachments

• Rival R176P08-2.jpg
    Rival R176P08-2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 297
  • R176P-08-SpecFR.png
    R176P-08-SpecFR.png
    597.3 KB · Views: 292
  • Rival R176P08-1.jpg
    Rival R176P08-1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 281
The drivers seem interesting but I find no way of finding their contact info for shipping estimate...
It is rather odd. Doesn't exactly instill confidence in a person that might desire to order a product from an online retailer when a phone number doesn't seem to be posted. I don't notice a "contact us" link either. Things like this are easily found on other reputable sites such as Madisound, Solen, Meniscus and Parts Express.

I thought until recently they had many other Rival woofers on their site, like Kevlar units. Marked down half-price might suggest close out prices on near future old units, or liquidation.

For some claiming SS like specs, what's up with their high-ish FS numbers compared to SS. The carbon paper unit looks like a SS 8545 knockoff.

Scoured the whole up and down again. In "About us" section it urges "Please don't hesitate to contact us" without any kind of indication on what the method of contact should be. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

Nevertheless, the carbon&pulp cone woofer looks like a solid performer for the price is the specs and measurements hold true. Kinda reminds me of the one ProAc used in their speakers.

Jeez guys, relax a bit.
I bought some of the previous closeouts about a month ago, shipping to the US was reasonable, and the guys were very responsive to email questions. I don't really know anything about "Rival" or "RAD", but I get the feeling that they are very small operations.

It would be fantastic if Madisound or PartsExpress would become distributors.

Scoured the whole up and down again. In "About us" section it urges "Please don't hesitate to contact us" without any kind of indication on what the method of contact should be. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

Nevertheless, the carbon&pulp cone woofer looks like a solid performer for the price is the specs and measurements hold true. Kinda reminds me of the one ProAc used in their speakers.

I see a big blue button that says 'CONTACT US' at the bottom of the page.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.