Home Theater Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fantastic, thanks. I'm buying from Parts Express, but the SS isn't available there. I'll make up a cart at Madisound and compare the costs, because I believe I can get all my stuff there, as well as the SS. But I like the look of the Peerless because I'm using a Visaton W170S, so the 5-screw drill pattern matches well. :)

ETA: I see the SS also has 5 holes, but it's almost double the price, and for that reason, I'm out.

Last edited:
Be careful that you don't substitute my measurements with either the SS or another version of the XT25. The measurements in the LM-1/LM-1C are for the XT25BG only.

If you use a smoother mid-woofer you can get away with the single-magnet version of either brand. The FaitalPRO 5FE120 for instance will get you up into a 3-4kHz crossover area. Also has better power handling than the Peerless I used.

Best,

E

The one I'm going with is the XT25BG60-04. I need to cross it at 1.8 - 2 kHz. Unfortunately I have limited resources, and built speakers which only need the tweeters to be upgraded. They're already excellent, but they'll be better with better tweeters.

As for mid-woofers, what do you think of the Dayton Audio RS150P? I have my eye on that for any future builds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.