Anything under $50/driver that will provide bass at loud levels in a 0.15 cu.ft.?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Tang Band Bamboos are excellent drivers. I am still not sure of how much bass the OP is looking for - the small volume if sealed will jot get much unless it is a small driver and vented or used with a passive radiator. If sealed you will be lucky to get anything below 150Hz.

Faital Pro 4FE32 is in similar league with TB Bamboo but has higher sensitivity. Not as pretty looking that's doe sure but they sound great.

The TangBand fullrange sure makes a lot of noise. +3db over the peerless with half the watts. Which I guess is expected due to the higher sensitivity.
But its -3db at 100hz. Not much low bass whatsoever. :(

I can't seem to get the FaitalPro to model well at all. Hitting xmax like crazy. I may be doing something wrong.

Could someone tell me how to add a passive high-pass filter to WinISD?
Like the simple in-line capacitors?
Would like to try the 40hz - 80hz ranges.

Btw, yes I would prefer a full range, whether it's coaxial or dual-cone. I didn't ask about those because I wasn't seeing anything near what would work.
But I'm having a hard time finding existing crossover schemes for a two-way that fall under budget.

If a coaxial or dual-cone, then budget rises to ~$80/each.

Ya'll are awesome.

Filter options....

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 159
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The TangBand fullrange sure makes a lot of noise. +3db over the peerless with half the watts. Which I guess is expected due to the higher sensitivity.
But its -3db at 100hz. Not much low bass whatsoever. :(

I can't seem to get the FaitalPro to model well at all. Hitting xmax like crazy. I may be doing something wrong.

Could someone tell me how to add a passive high-pass filter to WinISD?
Like the simple in-line capacitors?
Would like to try the 40hz - 80hz ranges.

What kind of SPL levels are you looking for? The Faital Pro 4FE35 (8 ohm) has 2.73mm xmax but xdamage is like 6.8mm.

.15 cu ft?
You must be joking !!!
You can use cheap drivers and get loud sound but you need at least 1 cu ft , preferrably 2 cu ft.

Any smaller and yes, you'll "get bass" , but only by using a very heavy cone and very long voice coil ... both mean low efficiency.

You can't beat physics [tm]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.