ekta grande

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all,
I just want to share my DIY adventure building a pair of ekta grande speakers:

DSC_1245.small.jpg

DSC_1248.small.jpg

DSC_1291.small.jpg

DSC_1254.small.jpg

DSC_1513.small.jpg

IMG_3409.small.jpg

IMG_3412.small.jpg

IMG_3165.small.jpg

IMG_3363.small.jpg

IMG_3368.small.jpg

IMG_3477.small.jpg

ekta1.jpg

ekta2.jpg

ekta3.jpg

ekta4.jpg

ekta5.jpg

I like them so much ...actually I drive the speakers with two hypex ncore 400.

Best regards,
Christian

Very lovely! You do fine work, Christian.

What is that foil-covered material labelled "StP?"

"STP SILVER is a self-adhesive, flexible and elastic, 2mm-thick sound insulating material. This sound deadening sheet is a multilayer combination of an aluminum foil and a polymeric layer on butyl rubber base (alu-butyl)."

It's tipically used in car audio and it's very stable during the years.

How do they sound? Sonic strengths and weaknesses?

I like them so much, very neutral, great mid-high and very deep basses.

I'm using these speakers with hypex ncore 400 and I think they are extremely sincere and doesn't colour anything.

I'm finishing my Nelson Pass Aleph p1.7 ...I'll post some additional photos when it's ready.

The setup I've in mind is based on two ekta grande speakers + 1 ekta-like central channel and two surround speakers.
I've already designed from the ground a multi-channel aleph p1.7 and it will be paired with some hypex modules.

When the pre is ready I will start to create the ekta-like central channel.

Bye,
Chris

Crossover question

Wow, lovely job! I am also contemplating building a version of the Ekta Grande and would be grateful if you could answer a question for me.

I notice that you kept the bi-wire binding posts but bridged them. Did you have to make any change to the cross over design on Troel's site to allow bridging. I just want to have one set of binding posts on mine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.