Multicell Performance Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you mean measure the actual voltage across say an 8ohm load..2.83 volts for 1watt which of course would have to come from the power amps?

This is where I get confused in terms of the ARTA programme..I don't understand the loop connection and what it is ARTA is doing anyway in this configuration!! Do you mean feed the output, line or low power amp level, back into the sound card input. I have the emu202, not 204, which only has one mic input and one instrument input?

I use the tc electronic mostly because it is the top unit in the rack!! Their converters are bit stream as I understand it and have an excellent reputation. I appreciate they are only 44.1/48Khz but of course this is not an issue with the Behringer upsampler, should I choose to upsample! I could go straight into the Ultramatch but I try to avoid the analogue aspects of the Behringer equipment if possible. Their digital sections are excellent and I only use all the Behringers as digital in and out.

I am pleased to report, used every day in a well ventilated rack they have worked flawlessy for some 4+ years now. I have had more problems with DBX, BSS, tc electronics and Alto than I have had with any of the Behringer kit. My first Ultramatch had an over heating power supply and the unit was changed. No problems with any Behringer stuff since and now they have a no quibble 3 year guarantee.

Now Behringer has a stake in Midas and klark Technic may be we will see the anti Behringer brigade quieten down a bit!!

No problems with any Behringer stuff since and now they have a no quibble 3 year guarantee.

Now Behringer has a stake in Midas and klark Technic may be we will see the anti Behringer brigade quieten down a bit!!
"Stake" meaning they outright are owned by Behringer, as well as Turbosound.

Behringer quality control has improved quite a bit with all the upgrades in manufacturing facilities done over the last 5 years, reliability is pretty good compared to the bad old days.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks. I thought you might have chosen not to use the analog sections of the Behringer. :up:

Do you mean measure the actual voltage across say an 8ohm load..2.83 volts for 1watt which of course would have to come from the power amps?
Yes, that's exactly it. But don't go to 2.83 volts. The EMU gives its maximum input level as 2V RMS (+6.5dBv). So stick to 2V or below, unless you have a voltage divider in front. Years ago I built one from 6R and 2R in series. I just tap off from ground and the point between the two resistors for a lower signal. Or you could build one out of higher values just for the emu input.

In ARTA or HOLM you can choose the input device and channel. You've already done that with the mic input, here you just use the line input instead. It should come up just like the mic input.

Use an 8 ohm load, like a power resistor (or divider) and record that. Then take a look at driver itself as the load. If you keep levels down to 1V or so, then you can lower the crossover point to ~100-150Hz during the test without harm. Same goes for the acoustic tests with the mic.

As you probably know, ARTA also has an FFT function if you wanted to look at that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.