NaO Note II RS - Page 41 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2013, 12:22 AM   #401
diyAudio Member

Go to my web site and look at the NaO II RS. The new Note II cabinet is similar, just a little less tall. Profile from the side is the same.
Old 17th November 2013, 11:05 PM   #402
SAC is offline SAC  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Anybody running their Nao Note II with a Nadja crossover? I would really like to buy the Nadja (and the speaker plans) but only if it is easy to input the crossover. I am a beginner so have no idea how to do this.

P.S. First looking to get a UK seller to sell me the drivers I need in part since I want to use my six alpha 15a drivers for the low end - this should work well I hope.
Old 17th November 2013, 11:33 PM   #403
Toaster is offline Toaster  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Falcon Acoustics sell full sets of Nao Note II RS drivers. The Vifa/ Peerless tweeters are only available as part of these sets. They may still sell you all drivers apart from the bass units- you'd need to ask them. Otherwise, the tweeters are sold by various American vendors and are cheap, even with shipping.
Old 18th November 2013, 01:15 AM   #404
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC View Post
Anybody running their Nao Note II with a Nadja crossover? I would really like to buy the Nadja (and the speaker plans) but only if it is easy to input the crossover. I am a beginner so have no idea how to do this.

P.S. First looking to get a UK seller to sell me the drivers I need in part since I want to use my six alpha 15a drivers for the low end - this should work well I hope.
I only provide the configuration files for the miniDSP.
Old 18th November 2013, 05:43 AM   #405
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

I don't want to hijack this thread, just mention that some time ago I've extended gain from 12 to 24 dB and Q precision to 2 decimal points, as these limitations seemed to be precluding the production of Nao files for the Najda.

Also, Najda supports now 15 custom biquads per channel. So if there exists coefficients for the miniDSP, they can normally be used as such with the Najda.

Finally, if there's still a problem despite the above extensions, then I'm more than happy to help or even create a set of digital files from the analogue transfer functions.

Best,

Nick

Last edited by chaparK; 18th November 2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 18th November 2013, 09:18 AM   #406
SAC is offline SAC  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Falcon Acoustics sell full sets of Nao Note II RS drivers. The Vifa/ Peerless tweeters are only available as part of these sets. They may still sell you all drivers apart from the bass units- you'd need to ask them. Otherwise, the tweeters are sold by various American vendors and are cheap, even with shipping.
Thanks Toaster, that was the UK seller I contacted. Just heard back and they can do me a part kit thankfully.

Nick, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that once I get all my parts ordered and deilvered.
Old 18th November 2013, 03:13 PM   #407
zoula is offline zoula  Canada
diyAudio Member

Sac,

I will be using my Note II RS with the Najda. It is fully compatible with MiniDSP.

The simplest way to do this is to buy the MiniDSP plugin to be able to read the config. that John will provide to you. Then it's only a matter of copying all the coefficient of the biquads in each channels in a text file for the Najda.

I won't be able to assemble everything together before Christmas, life is trowing all sort of things to me now, but if you need help with this, just chime a bell and I'll be happy to help

J-P
Old 18th November 2013, 03:28 PM   #408
diyAudio Member

Guys, don't forget what thread this is please.
Old 26th November 2013, 02:14 PM   #409
al2002 is offline al2002  India
diyAudio Member

Indeed, John's support and commitment to updating the design are to be commended.

I've received the updated plans. The woofers are mounted on a V baffle, not unlike the LX521, and the rear of the woofer section is smoothly curved like the NaO. The profile looks very elegant in photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoula View Post
Hi John,

Great to see that you still improving the Note II RS...

How about a little photo...
Old 9th December 2013, 08:11 PM   #410
jernejx is offline jernejx  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Can you provide the configuration files for the Nano Digi 2x8 ?

I want to build nao note ii rs and i am thinking to use nano digi (crossover) with 4 dac, one dac for each output chanel and then analog signal to my amplifiers.

nanoDIGI 2x8 K | MiniDSP

Thank you for your answer.

Hide this!Advertise here!