Horn/TL combo

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
You should try to keep the c-to-c to less than 1/4 to 1/3 wavelength. However, its not the end of the world if you cannot do it. The vertical lobe will be symmetrical horizontally if you put the measurement mic halfway between the two drivers you are measuring and get good phase overlap between them through the crossover region. This way the drivers will sum in-phase at all points near the crossover, and as you move up or down vertically, the phase response from each driver will change resulting in a cancellation, i.e., lobing.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
(just make what I simm-ed )

Attachments

• astrid_lindgren_sweden.jpg
    astrid_lindgren_sweden.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 200
Getting there tnx Buzz. Hope you, Mrs Buzz the little Buzzettes & Buzzters all had a great holiday.

Nice to see your idea moving along. So you're going single bass and 811B's for the top? :cool:

Pix here is an idea for damping the horn (these are of a 511 but principle applies) - I understand some remove the vanes or fill the lip with tar, bitumen, solid metal, sand (then weld a plate to hold it in) etc etc

me? I'm still cutting and sticking!

Attachments

• sand damped 511 1.jpg
    sand damped 511 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 277
  • sand damped 511 2.jpg
    sand damped 511 2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 272
THis will probably sit on top of an Altec 414 in a large moniter. The 416's will still be paired with the Iwata 290 and some super tweeter. THanks for the pics. I have seen where folks go t a lot of trouble dampening these horns. I am sure i figure something ridiculous to try:D

Hope you and the misses had a wonderful holiday.