4 way active ,passive or what works best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi Mal
let me know when you fire these things up so i know its not an earth quake shaking my house....
just your new speakers

Sheafer

How ya going Sheafer ,good I hope ,finished the SLR .I noticed you have built another speaker using the GPA coaxial mate I think you've finished 4 different speaker builds and I haven't finished one yet :D .Do you still have the panel speakers .

CHeers

Mal

going good mate same old
slr is finished and sold ,currently building a xw in reef green with a 393 4v headed clevo so in a few weeks the smoke you see down farrants rd way is not a bush fire ,its my tires:D

the gpa drivers are sounding great and still have the ml quest panels
just finished a hiraga le monstré which i,m really enjoying at the moment

and i only finish my speakers faster than you becouse i take the easy way out and build simple

blown away by your dedication to building your new system and hope i can get over one day to hear it
any time your bored your also welcome over my place to hear the gpa,s

cheers Sheafer

This is awesomely nuts!! From what I read so far these seem like one of the best BFMI type speakers (Brute Force Massive Ignorance). :)

Quick question: did you at least model the dispersion of the thing, the enclosure volumes, the driver integration etc? Some details on that would be great.

Looking at your (asymmetrical) room, you're standing way too close to such big multi-driver speakers. And sticking speakers like this near the walls, in the corner is probably something wives do.

Thank GOD for digital crossovers with room EQ. :)

Mal,

Did you ever finish this build...?

Cheers

Hi InOtIn

No I didn't end up finishing the 4 way , I sold it to finance another project which would suit my amps better .

An active PSE-144 based point source horn and dual AE TD18H+ per channel .
Still have the tapped horns

Cheers
Mal

Attachments

• 3D-Mal-PSE-box.gif
    3D-Mal-PSE-box.gif
    74.7 KB · Views: 115
  • MTM explo 2.jpg
    MTM explo 2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 20160604_142457.jpg
    20160604_142457.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 20160624_125227.jpg
    20160624_125227.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 20160624_141008.jpg
    20160624_141008.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 116
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.