interesting designs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Audio Freeeeek, Those are really awesome! What are you using to mount the mid and tweeter enclosure? Does it allow for any vertical or horizontal movement? Also what is the very bottom chamber; the part that isn't included in the sketch you posted? It would be kool if it was a fill chamber for sand or stones...

It's inspirational to see peoples designs come to life. If I had the cash I would be out in my shop building right now!

Last edited:
Where on earth would your fit the speakers????

First take the creature out to make some room ;)

I am thinking make a false front...

Keriwena I was thinking the same thing No 5 is alive :)

Attachments

• Dalek base.jpg
    Dalek base.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 180
Audio Freeeeek, Those are really awesome! What are you using to mount the mid and tweeter enclosure? Does it allow for any vertical or horizontal movement? Also what is the very bottom chamber; the part that isn't included in the sketch you posted? It would be kool if it was a fill chamber for sand or stones...

It's inspirational to see peoples designs come to life. If I had the cash I would be out in my shop building right now!

The head is adjustable yes by means of heavy duty LCD TV flat wall brackets, they have a wing screw that allows me to move the head up and down and are solid, the bottom chamber is separate and can be filled yes with sand/lead or whatever though the speakers already weigh 300lbs each.

Hi,

If your really serious about building a speaker you should really start with
an outline of the units and x/o frequencies and slopes you intend to use.
e.g. why 0.5 way in the midrange ? And then design a cabinet with an
ambition level commensurate with the quality of the chosen design.

rgds, sreten.

It would basically be a 2.5way bookshelf speaker in a 2.2 setup. the two 15 inch subs would be active (amp Plates) and they would be crossed at 50hz. I like they way 2.5 way towers sound especially with a big bump from below 50 hz provided by a subwoofer.

Two 15's is a little excessive for my listening needs, but having a separate sub just isn't as kool as having one 15 in each tower...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.