"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did not find a good darker grey color, so I have to look some more before I can decide. Anyway, the speakers are glued together tonight as planned, se picture.

Attachments

• speaker30.jpg
    speaker30.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 322
Some update: now they are treated with putty ready for sand paper. I also used Shellack on the open cuts to make it easier with putty/painting. I must say I like shellack a lot, it is expensive but really works. About the color, I am now leaning towards a creamy white color (not that clear cold white you see on walls), I think it will look good and also will be easy to get a good surface look. Max contrast to the black drivers too.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I had installed whitish pro speakers with black metallic perforated grills in lux cafes in the past that looked awesome but the key was they blended correctly with professionally designed interiors. Can be great if you think they will blend.

I have painted them white one layer now, the color is nice but the finish is not very good. I use water based paint and it is a pain to use. It dries very quickly and need some serious skills to get good. I am slowly learning but it will need some more layers than planned with sanding inbetween making this a far more complicated process than I suspected. Good news is I like the color, but I think it will not be ready this week :mad:. Going on come vacation over new year but the end of the first week 2012 it will be ready.

Slowly progress with the painting, it looks better and better and will be ready this weekend. I have a question about speaker terminals. How should I mount these to be sure of that it will not get loose with time? They only have a nut and a plastic washer to hold them (from the inside).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.