Aurum Cantus AC200/50C2C 8" Woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Regarding the 900Hz "wiggle"...I recall an extended discussion of woofer basket assemblies "ringing", it was the 12LTA FR driver. The discussion went well into damping out basket resonances....& the frequency of 900 Hz triggered something in my head.....looked up the driver & sure enough it is one of those cast Aluminum baskets......I'm of the opinion those cast Aluminum jobs ring like a tuning fork, as opposed to plain steel which have a broader Fr range.
just some thoughts that cropped up on my end.........

_____________________________________________________Rick........

The 3600 hz cone break up equals a 1200 hz 3rd order peak and a 720 hz 5th order peak, just as the HD graph shows.

I would treat it the same as a metal cone driver.

Again, Zaph noted that there is no distortion at 3700 and the graph is showing an overloaded mic measurement.

Zaph wrote on tech talk:

"There is no peak in distortion at 3.7 Khz, that is my mic preamp overloading. You see that on a few of the more sensitive tested drivers that have high level breakups. It's the price of consistency, I didn't want to tweak the levels and completely rearrange my system settings to avoid it."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.