Best midrange to pair with Beyma TPL-150

From 200-2000 Hz the sensitivity would be 88-90 dB according to Purifi specs. But at 40 Hz only 78 dB...
Fedde

My point is, the Hypex figures are marketing BS...!
The independent real world measurements show the truth, its average sensitivity in the 200Hz to 2,000 Hz band is 83dB!
Puri Bliss - BeWg | HiFiCompass - всё для акустических систем и не только

"Judging from the measurements below, the real sensitivity of the PuriBliss-BeWg speaker lies in the range from 80 to 83 dB over the entire frequency range at a voltage of 2.83 Volts at a distance of 1 meter. Only with this final sensitivity can you get full-range balanced sound and realistic soundstage . Any attempts to extend the sensitivity a few decibels higher will lead to a loss of full-bodied sound and a violation of the timbre balance."

Last edited:
What measurements are you refering to? The one I just saw has a response between 87 and 90 dB in that range...

Just over half way down this page you can see a full page graph showing accurate measurements on axis, 15, 30 and 45 degrees all covering the full bandwidth 40Hz to 20,000 Hz.
The average sensitivity over the 200Hz to 2Khz range is 83.5 dB for 1 watt @ 1 meter.
I agree you will be much better off with any good pro sound midrange.
Hope this helps
Cheers
A.

Чувствительность – 82 дБ/2.83Вольт*1м
Номинальный импеданс – 4 Ом

no matter how hissing the amp is its not gonna be heard

6ND430-16-HD.gif

Zaph|Audio
6ND430 is decent 6.5"

Just over half way down this page you can see a full page graph showing accurate measurements on axis, 15, 30 and 45 degrees all covering the full bandwidth 40Hz to 20,000 Hz.
The average sensitivity over the 200Hz to 2Khz range is 83.5 dB for 1 watt @ 1 meter.
I agree you will be much better off with any good pro sound midrange.
Hope this helps
Cheers
A.
Those are the system measurements, including box and crossover. From the same source there are also driver measurements that indicate the higher numbers I mentioned. But still, 18 sounds driver is more sensitive and has similar distortion numbers for the mid use case (250 to 1500 Hz or so).

closed account
Joined 2007
The One and Only Full Range AMT - diyAudio

He believes his creation is the best there is, and , knowing what the Beyma is capable, i don't doubt a second about that......
BTW. i don't give a s*** about what some people think......

So, the Beyma can do a lot, and it is splendid when used stock.

However, if you remove the real felt and place the Beyma+Horn in a larger chamber, and insert the Acoustic Filter described here, then you get a different beast altogether. The increase in clarity and linearity is quite significant...

... and you can cross it much lower without trouble, say 1.2-1.3Khz, where it significantly contributes to the overall sound already from 1Khz, and even a first order filter is fine there since below 1Khz it will de facto roll off like a 4th order.

If you had the Beyma TPL 150 (without horn) and CSS SDX12, what would you pick for the mid-range?
I currently have a pair of CSS SDX12 sitting unused and have the opportunity to buy 3 (yes, he wont sell just two) TPL 150 without horn for ~650 euros.

I don't need to play at live concert levels, but I like having headroom and not having to worry if I play too loud for my equipment. I currently have a two-way setup with two 6" Morel drivers and soft-dome tweeter and while they can go quite loud I feel like it's still not enough and they don't have enough "prescence" and "weight". I'm guessing I need to step up to at least a 10" midrange to get what I want? I also guess a 12" might be too large for the TPL 150 without horn since I need a higher XO than if I had they horn. Also, the SDX12 is supposed to be pretty good at "higher" frequencies despite it being a subwoofer so I could cross relatively high to the midrange if needed.