Bullet or Super Tweeter? Anyone test these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok

fostex t900a shout be expensive enough.
T900A.gr.jpg

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/speaker_components/pdf/t900a.pdf

If your budget is bigger GOTO.

Here I found a china type goto hf-driver.
Schermafbeelding 2011-01-09 om 09.58.45.jpg

DRIVER UNITES products, buy DRIVER UNITES products from alibaba.com

All well and good, but not the units I am looking at right now... and unless someone has actual experience and measurements (not factory ones) then the quest continues! :D

_-_-bear
The german speaker building magazine tested the MHD540 Klang+Ton 01/2003, you can order the old magazine at Klang & Ton (Sound and tone).

The one was sold recently on EBAY.
attachment.php

Titanium membrane, flatwire coil double magnet.

MHD-540%2c230%2c182_VC.jpg

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-01-09 om 10.19.04.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2011-01-09 om 10.19.04.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 616
Helmuth - not sure which tweeter is in the Klang + Ton... also the one you show as a "goto" type post is pretty much identical to the ones I am looking at? Check the pix I posted?? :D

Pano - see the original post and you'll see what the quest is??

_-_-bear

Edit: oh it is the Monacor... nvm... perhaps some nice reader in Europe (Germany?) will have a copy and can scan the test results (curves and waterfall)?? Don't see Klang + Ton in the USA much...

Last edited:
Hi bear

I have a pair of Pyle PDBT-18. I deliberately bought it to see what level of quality at this price. Waste of money. Horrible response. Very peaky. Spits the HF out. I can safely presume that the PDBT-36 is similar, just higher power rating.

For Super Tweeters, I'm quite happy with the JBL 2404. The Peavey HT-94 is cheaper and perfectly usable.

Mike

Attachments

• PYLE_PDBT18.jpg
    PYLE_PDBT18.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 121
  • JBL2404.jpg
    JBL2404.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 130
And I am unsure what to do with them! So overall I am of no help, unless I could test one and divulge the results, however I really don't know how to go about that as I am only just embarking on my DIY audio path to enlightenment!

Cheers,

J
personally I would Suggest that the Pyle Tweeters are very Popular . I myself use The Original JBZl 2402 Bullet Tweeters at 8 Ohms or if you take my advise I would consult Bob Crites of CornScsla Scala Speakers and he is an expert on The Klipsh products and Klipshorn Passive Crossovers he is well known and will help you get you on your way and does sell the tweeters and other parts as required he helped me with the Design of my Front mounted Cabinets very similar to The Lascala and Cornwall Cabinets which produces around 108 Debicles at 1.2 Meyers
RGDS
Francis Jansz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.