2way with CA18RNX or ER18RNX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Andy, as I thought. (Sorry to hijack this thread; last time I promise!)

Yes, I contacted the guy here in WA and he isn't the distributor as someone suggested. But when I asked for names, he clammed up...no more replies were forthcoming.

Many Aussie retailers really are poor. Service? You've got to be kidding. And then they want the Government to help out 'small business'. How about helping themselves out? Some you practically have to beg to take your money, such is the effort you go to in finding out information.

As an aside, Madisound quoted me for freight within 12 hrs and of course they have prices on their website (now there's a novel idea for the Aussies to take up). And it works out cheaper, as you say.

Cheers

Stu

Andy Graddon said:

I got them from Madisound.

You will probably find they end up cheaper that way even after freight !!! If you can ever contact Aranmar. :cannotbe:

There was a rumour a few months ago of someone else taking over the Seas distribution (over your side of the island iirc), but I have heard nothing since.

WES are generally very good. I can order at 4 in the arvo, and it nearly always arrives mid morning next working day. I one time it took more than 2 days, I actually got an email apology, truck had failed to proceed.

Aranmar.. I gave up on. :cannotbe:

Madisound deliveries usually take 3-6 days to reach me. not bad considering the distance :)

for passive components "Speakerbug" is reasonably quick too, except I pay by money order which takes a day or so extra.

Andy Graddon said:
WES are generally very good. I can order at 4 in the arvo, and it nearly always arrives mid morning next working day. I one time it took more than 2 days, I actually got an email apology, truck had failed to proceed.

Yes, I use WES quite a bit. One thing they excel at is stocking reasonably rare IC's and transistors. I needed an FM demodulator IC for a 70's tuner last week - they had loads in stock. Same with transistors.

Looks like Madisound is the go.

Cheers

Stuey

so, I bought all parts I need for the building of speakers

380€ for drivers, components for crossover, damping material, and miscellaneous parts (screw, foam, cable...). This price contains shipping cost.

45€ for wood and glue.

425 € for all, not include the finition. It's about 625 US$.

I think that's relatively cheap according to the quality of speakers and crossover part (mundorf MKP & H140)

Next week I'll start to build the cabinet (22mm MDF). I'll use glue and dowel pins.

I'll always be interested if anybody could give to me the feeling about the sound of the speaker, and compare with commercial loudspeakers.

Last question, If I put the crossover under the damping material, Is there a risk of ignition ? Is the filter is hot during listening ?

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.