skinnyboy has a job....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hmm.. lets see... today I cut up 143 rectangles of plastic, marked out, and punched 5 holes in each.... I also put heat transfer compound on about 2 dozen bridge rectifiers, and mounted them to heatsinks... umm.... I screwed PCB spacers into a dozen heatsinks.... bent a few inductor leads, and shoved them in PCBs... ohh, and cut up some apparently very expensive insulating heattransfer pad stuff.... that was about it.:dead: :smash: :cannotbe:

Hugo is wise. At my last company, we hired a teenager to do brainless scut-work, mostly cleaning emulsions off of silk screens. He was exceptionally bright and diligent. Within 6 months, he was running the production department. Three years later, he was a Vice President.

Congratulations! This is a good place to start.

Geek said:
Ahhhh, electronics assembly line :D

I hope they rotate the tasks there, otherwise after a week you'll fall down dead of boredom :dead:
(did it, done that ;) )

I'm yet to spend a whole day doing the same thing... and I'm yet to do the same thing for 3 days... sooo rotation is pretty good... wait.. I've only been there 5 days :p

Netlist said:

Soon they will offer you a better job.

Amen :D

/Hugo :)

there are no better jobs to be had... unless you count hand soldering mosfets into 100+ PCBs or whatever as BETTER.... lol

currently the company is assemling a few hundred air conditioners.... and a few dozen Halcro amplifiers... *yoink*
http://www.halcro.com/default.asp

Netlist said:

Hmmm, did you find out yourself? ;)

/Hugo

nooo.... someone there told me... we were discussing the amps... apparently they have been known to blow output devices to pieces, and burn PCBs too... lol

Brian Donaldson said:
Our young Skinny Boy can inprove upon "the worlds best amp ever"?

if you're refering to the Halcros, then I'm sure anyone could improve on them :p

I lost my job :( they no longer needed me.. :(

5 minutes before the end of the day of friday the 17th of december they let me know... :whazzat:

but.. I now have a new job.. electronics assembly... ;) lol
FUN!!! but its parttime casual, so I get days off :D hourly rate should be the same, or more... I didn't ask, didn;t matter to me all too much.

anywya, lets see how this job goes. maybe this time I'll make some speakers, rather than spend all my earnings on a computer... :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.