What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the point; it is in suspension right now at this time, till someone real smart can confirm or decipher or dislocate.

No, it's not. The article is complete nonsense, top to bottom. No-one is going to bother to "confirm or decipher or dislocate" a badly written article by someone entirely ignorant of basic physics appearing on a crackpot website.

No, it's not. The article is complete nonsense, top to bottom. No-one is going to bother to "confirm or decipher or dislocate" a badly written article by someone entirely ignorant of basic physics appearing on a crackpot website.

The utter lack of understanding of the basic nature of science on the part of many in our world today bodes ill for our future. We may have already sealed our collective fate with global warming.

Something is chasing you, the faster you run the slower you go...
Interesting that speed effects time...:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Time warp; travelling at the speed of light anywhere in space.

True, it's just an article on the Internet.
True, it has as much sense as one is going to give it.
True, those are my own words (confirm, decipher, dislocate).
True, the article was written by someone totally in the unknown of reality.
And true, not only he but all of us, are as intelligent as our level of expertise in the physic sciences. ...And much much more.

The utter lack of understanding of the basic nature of science on the part of many in our world today bodes ill for our future. We may have already sealed our collective fate with global warming.

We don't have to wait for the future, we are already living in it; just look at where we are now!

ok, some 'licsense' on my part. But, at the moment of the B/B, the theory says the whole of what is now the current universe was contained in an incredibly small space. CBR, inflationary universe, and intergalactic 'clumpiness all point to a begining state that was very small.

I think quite a few at Princeton University say that never happened though.

However, the latest are that our universe will not collapse in on itself, but go on expanding in perpetuity.

The dark energy will collapse, if it's anti-matter. Imho.

How to produce goods for a growing world where everyone gets their share - or do we rather share those shares amongs us in the developed world?

7000 years BCE the entire population of England was around 1000 people. They all got their share.

If every single country in the world had a ceiling limit of 200 million people and two children into infinity, that should be totally satisfactory.

I won't discuss these statistics after this post, since this forum does not allow political.

There are books discussing these issues, including our mostly lost primordial forest http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bia%C5%82owie%C5%BCa_Forest

Here is one called "countdown" http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/20/entertainment/la-ca-jc-alan-weisman-countdown-20130922

Last edited:
Best would be having the capability to go there.

I'm pretty sure light goes everywhere. :xmastree:

If our universe is isotropic then light most likely should have crossed the entire universe already and came back on the other side, unless the 'edges' of the expansion were moving too fast for the light to catch up.

So far, attempts to detect this multi-card entry of light into the universe have failed, but relax, they are looking for it......

"then light has had time to circumnavigate it since the big bang, producing multiple images of distant points in the CMBR, which would show up as patterns of repeating circles.[29] Cornish et al. looked for such an effect at scales of up to 24 gigaparsecs (78 Gly or 7.4×1026 m) and failed to find it"

From Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But does the universe also include impenetrable dark dimensions where light is not allowed to penetrate?

What is a black hole? Does it have an entrance and an exit? ...And when inside is there another universe within?
Anyone here who has ever been in one and back? ;)

...All very very fascinating, including your link.

Last edited:
I imagine a star on the verge of becoming a black hole, would act quite similar to a black-hole which just crossed over from being a star.

I don't think there is very much to find inside stars.

Inside dark energy yes, since it includes dark galaxies and dark solar systems, with dark earths and dark vampires. It's like a goths wet dream.

No, it's absolutely constant. Everywhere.
The speed of light is always relative to the observer. Measurements indicate that the speed of light is definitely influenced by the density of gravity (distant observer). It is slowed down... But for an observer within that dense gravity field, light passes at lightspeed.

This is one of the problems with Einstein... he never took the effort of properly defining were the "observer" was. That lack of accuracy is confusing.

Tip: read Rob Roodenburg's Repairing Relativity... You don't have to agree to his theory, but at least he took the effort of properly defining his "observers".

Status
Not open for further replies.