Are there any Female Members Here??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's an ill wind that blows nobody no good.

Solid Snake said:
When a girl enjoys talking to you on the phone more than being with you, it's time to cut it off, trust me. If you find yourself in the position of a big sister, look elsewhere.
I think different. Getting practice talking with women is of great value. So what if it's going "nowhere". She has friends and she will probably be the envy of them because she knows this guy who actually likes to listen to her and talk with her and treats her as an intelligent human being. Meanwhile they are stuck with grunting, mono-browed neanderthals that can't keep their grubby paws to themselves for five seconds.

Listen carefully and you will gradually see what makes them tick. Learn that and you get to know how to hold their interest. It doesn't matter if it is going "nowhere", it doesn't have to! Anyway, the skills you gain are transferable. What's more, not only will she enjoy the association, so will you. That's how we are made. :)

Re: It's an ill wind that blows nobody no good.

Circlotron said:

I think different. Getting practice talking with women is of great value. So what if it's going "nowhere". She has friends and she will probably be the envy of them because she knows this guy who actually likes to listen to her and talk with her and treats her as an intelligent human being. Meanwhile they are stuck with grunting, mono-browed neanderthals that can't keep their grubby paws to themselves for five seconds.

Listen carefully and you will gradually see what makes them tick. Learn that and you get to know how to hold their interest. It doesn't matter if it is going "nowhere", it doesn't have to! Anyway, the skills you gain are transferable. What's more, not only will she enjoy the association, so will you. That's how we are made. :)

All very true, and it is indeed the right way to treat "them" right. Girls love it when they have a boy they can treat like a big brother. They want to feel safe that they can do whatever they want, but never run the risk he might get in love and want their relation to go further. Personally, that is why I think gays can have so much succes with women. The girls know he wouldn't want to have ***. Ever still, they can allways plummet theur heart out to him.

But Solid Snake is right. being her "brother" is not where you want to be. Offcourse its allright to have deep converstations, and a mutual trust that goes as far as possible, but the ultimate goal is to.. well... the body thing. That is the basis for all relations, and none will persist if the "body love" factor isn't present. It's a pity perhaps that it has allways got to go to that point, but this is written in all our genes... And it is called procreation. The goal of all boy-girl relationships.

SkinnyBoy said:
which is not what I am after... so there goes your theory... cos thats all it was... a theory... hmm...

Perhaps not what you're after no. You are right about me. There are as many theories on love as there are stars in the sky. The one thing they have in common is that none of them apply for all cases. Every lovestory is a different one, and my rather crude explanation is merely one of the forces that come into play when a boy meets a girl.

Back to topic. I can't give you your girl (back). You'll have to go out and figure it all out for yourself. Perhaps you can take an advice or two, but it all comes down to yourself. Good luck... I wish you all the best. :up:

If you could only see me shaking my head....

Ya'll wonder why there aren't many females here. You should (not all, but a vast majority) take a look at your own posts.

I was hesitant to even respond to this post, but after reading more of the responses, got too angry not to.

As a female, a professional engineer and as a member of this forum and many others, I live every day in a "male dominated" world. I have made my own speakers, built electronic circuits, and modified my turntable. (Just a couple of the things I enjoy doing). But I only visit this site to get/give advice from a couple of you.

There are alot of moronic postings by a few of you that make it very uncomfortable to be here on this site. (Just read a few of the posts above). It's really a shame that so much of the male population just doesn't get it.

Maybe if ya'll stop looking for "eye candy" and started really appreciating what women can bring to the table, you might see more of us around. While you allow avatar's with half naked women on this site, no woman is going to feel comfortable in any meaningful dialog on this or most audio sites.

Ya'll have a nice day.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Bobbi,
Looking at your posts and your DIY projects, I certainly stand in great admiration for your work.
Your well detailed and to the point replies makes it more than worthwhile to have you around.
I for one think it’s a pity that this male-female thing holds you away from us more than you like yourself.
This opposition goes on ever since human kind exists, it’s simply part of our nature and this thread will certainly not change it.
RogueAngel said:
There are alot of moronic postings by a few of you that make it very uncomfortable to be here on this site. (Just read a few of the posts above). It's really a shame that so much of the male population just doesn't get it
I would rather prefer you could laugh with our “machismo”. Makes life easier.
Try to look at it in a positive way. I’m convinced that the vast majority of the members here will not dislike you because you are a woman.
A few of the above posts (Circlotron, Bakmeel) point very well to the reason of our bare existence.
But who am I to tell you how to feel about man? ;)

/Hugo – with great respect, and hopes he did ‘Get it’ :)

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I might live to regret this but WTH!

:soapbox: OK guys RogueAngel has a point. The general attitude seems to be that women aren't into or interested in electronics, and therefore you wouldn't find any on this forum. I'm not saying we are all blatantly guilty but, it's easy not to think twice when posting something which might be considered sexist. I'm not saying we need to go overboard on political correctness but.......

To make things worse if there are any women here then we are asking them to step forward and announce it (hey I'm pretty hesitant to reveal any personal details on the Internet as I suspect a lot of you are, so think for a sec what it must be like to be worried you'll be treated like a novelty if you do step forward)....

The point is that any women who are here are here because they enjoy DIY audio just like everyone else, and shouldn't be treated any differently. The forum is for discussing audio not for finding a girlfriend, I'm sure there are other forums for that purpose :xeye:

I made a post to circlotron tonight which would probably be considered politically incorrect I mentioned WAF (Wife Appreciation factor) probably should have said PAF (Partner appreciation factor). Just another example of the stereotype!

I know I have occasionally seen some projects that I personally wouldn't like to have in my living room. Aesthetics/taste isn't something restricted to the female population.

RogueAngel you mention half naked women in avatars, I can only think of one that I have seen which would come close to this description (in fact I can only think of one that had a woman in it at all). You could always say something to one of the mods, if you find something particularly offensive, and ask them to subtly say something to the offending party(s)

I think it's a very sad state of affairs if RogueAngel feels we won't value her input because she isn't a man!

regards,

Tony. :soapbox: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Hmm....a few comments....

The WAF has no sexism to it what so ever, but is based on the simple fact that 999 out of 1000 DIY'ers are men, hence the fact that the proud creator of the respective scarecrow have to convince his partner...wich in most cases would be a woman (at least i prefer it to be, but taste difers) ...the wife, that it can stay in the livingroom ...even it looks like **** and is potentiallly dangerous :D

About the male dominated world electronics is, there is just one thing to say, lets take a look at a female dominated world (my wifes office job is a good example, since i got all the sleezy deatils :) )....where should we start.....naked male centerfolds at the toilet and on the desktop on the comp....and so on...no better than any male dominated place ive seen, just the other way around :D

Magura

Re: If you could only see me shaking my head....

RogueAngel said:
There are alot of moronic postings by a few of you that make it very uncomfortable to be here on this site. (Just read a few of the posts above). It's really a shame that so much of the male population just doesn't get it.
:cop:
We, the moderators are very concerned about the general attitude here at diyAudio and we try hard to keep this place nice and clean. Our goal is to keep the level at a good adult/mature level which doesn't exclude young people at all. It's only about treating everybody with respect and think about that this is a international forum.

We can't be everywhere so please report a post if you feel that actions must be taken. RogueAngel feel very much welcome and don't tolerate anything, report it if it is a clear rule breaking.

Luckily the "report" button is rather little used. Thanks for that.:)
:cop:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.