Are you REALLY going to be dead ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Ahh, we had plenty of hair and fresh faces. Those were the days. :crying:

* Ahh: word used by highly intelligent people to replace a wide range of words and emotions

Attachments

• Imagen 9.jpg
    Imagen 9.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 102
Why should it be closed ? This topic needs lot of thought and guys will keep adding posts slowly as and when they come up with new solutions or ideas.

A few OT posts don't matter too much. You will notice that most just ignore posts that don't need any reply. That takes control of posts that are not on topic. Self regulatory you might say !;)

I'll raise another question . Let's say we are questioning " the Almighty " !:D

If there is a non physical life 'much' better than on Earth , why on 'earth' is there a need for souls to go through a lowly Earthly life .........every now and then ? It's like jumping from the pan into the fire !

I think maybe 'souls' start at a lower level ( plants ,animals and insects ? ) and so need to 'progress upward' through Earthly life and at some point become developed enough to be 'human' souls. Might even be a " collection of lowly souls" that make up one human soul and hence has a great chance of being 'impure and imperfect'.
Purification is possibly not something that can be done with one cyle of life.....something like purifying metals and other material.

But then why keep popping into the 'other great life' ( by dying ) and then pop back again into the fire ? Beats me ! Must have a reason so simple that it eludes us as we are looking for complicated answers ;)

Unless of course we create a Karma ( spread negative energy by doing and thinking negative things ) that halts our progress and if great enough causes us to get back into the 'earthly' life cycle again for further purification.

But I must admit that Earthly life with all it's downs does have it's high points too! Company of other great Humans and animals and some really great 'high' days so that we have enough memories to cherish as we pass on later in life. Not to mention how GREAT it feels spewing out our audio guts on www.diyaudio.com and getting burned and scalded and howled at , laughed at and ......appreciated also ! It's a wonderful world ....at least in parts !
Like they say , you can't appreciate what's good unless you have some things bad to compare it by !
Cheers.

Last edited:
Even if there was such a thing as a "soul" that is a seperate entity from our bodies it is not wise to assume progress is made when a soul moves upwards from lowly earthly life to that of a human.
The sense of having a soul could just be the manifestation of an overly complex brain that cannot deal with the ending of its own existance. We as humans do not need to be as complex as we are to have a life and yet we "are" very complex and have to deal with it. Judging by how much mayhem there is in the world that is created by all the various ideologies/religions which in turn are an expression of our complexity, I would say we do not deal with it very well.
Is there a teleological purpose to our brains complexity (ie: the gradual improvement of our souls purity in order to transcend the physical form; as some would have it) or are we, as the worlds created by Isaac Azimov/ Star Trek would have us believe, destined to forever multiply and eventually take off into the universe to populate it with our decendants.

Who know's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.