My mobile Headphone AMP w. OPA134 & BUF634

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My first try to build a mobile Headphoneamp.
I used the Datasheet/Shematic from the BURRBROWN BUF634. I only changed a little bit the overall Gain.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

As battery i take 8 pieces of 3,7Volt Lithium with two charging moduls from Keeppower WYY-EBD02-AB - so i get +-14.8V (max. 16,8V min: 10,7V, while charging 17,5V) It plays round about 12-14h :cool:

The PCB i made was to build some headphone amp for home use.

size compare with my sony xperia:

case:

internal wiring (i'am not lucky whit the result, but considering that it was not planned as a mobile amp the result is not bad, i think so :dunno: )

This is my first step in the world of "better" Headphoenamps. I'am very impressed how fine it sounds. :trapper:

Next step - build an charging socket to load the Batteries easy :)

is that a custom milled enclosure or did you buy it somewhere?
very nice work!

mlloyd1

custom milled.

Looks first class to me, very nice job.

Nicely executed, but it's neither meat nor fish.

A battery desktop?

Nice big shiny HEAVY enclosure. Why bother with the batteries?

Or build highly integrated with an enclosure no bigger than a mobile phone and be truly portable. This is where to go with CNC machining or 3D printing.

Why this Batteries? ... why not? :D
The point is this, in my job it's allowed since a few weeks to use headphones (reduce office noise) BUT it's not allowed to take some power for your private Stuff like charging smartphones or so .... now i can use my DT770 at the job, the Batteries hold up easy 1-3 Days :spin: ... easy to put it in my Laptop Bag ... that's the story why this mobile headphone amp ist not the smallest :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.